Dr Yiannakis has been an NHS consultant since 2001. His specialites include thoracic, gynaecological and haematological cancers. His major interests are:
- Lung cancer chemotherapy including concurrent chemoradiotherapy
- Ovarian cancer treatment including intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Gynaecological (such as cervical and endometrial) cancer, HDR brachytherapy
- Advanced radiotherapy techniques such as IMRT, IGRT and Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Lymphoma radiotherapy including Radioimmunotherapy
- Bi-weekly Saturday mornings 09:30 - 12:00
- Honorary Reader, University of Plymouth School of Biological Sciences
- Consultant clinical oncologist Rosemere Cancer Centre, Royal Preston Hospital
- Medico legal services
- Immunotherapy for lung cancer
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy
Personalised care including individualisation of treatment plans.
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Radiologists
- Medical Defense Union
- DNA repair and its role in response to therapy in ovarian and lung cancer. This is a collaboration that Dr Yiannakis is running with the University of Plymouth with funding for a postdoctoral scientist being met by The Magic Rainbow Appeal and the University of Plymouth.
- Immunotherapy trials in the treatment of lung and ovarian cancer
DeclarationDr Dennis Yiannakis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Dr Dennis Yiannakis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Dennis Yiannakis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Dennis Yiannakis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.