Due to Coronavirus, Dr Jadon is seeing:
- new patients face-to-face
- follow-up patients by telephone/ video-consult.
To arrange a consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call his PA (Rachel Reeder) on 07724 734685
This has been authorised by AXA, AVIVA, BUPA, Cigna, and other providers, and indemnified by the MDU.
Dr Deepak Jadon has been a Consultant Rheumatologist at Addenbrooke's Hospital (Cambridge University Hospitals NHSFT) since February 2016, and is Director of the Rheumatology Research Unit.
He is expert in managing all inflammatory rheumatological diseases (as listed below), and is particularly expert in psoriatic arthritis (PsA) and ankylosing spondylitis (AS). Dr Jadon gives talks on these conditions at international and national medical meetings, and publishes internationally-recognised book chapters and research papers on these diseases. He also contributes to several international steering committees advancing the treatment, care and research of PsA and AS.
Having grown up in Cardiff, Dr Jadon graduated from the University of Wales College of Medicine in 2003, and then undertook specialist training in rheumatology at the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Bath (2007 to 2015), where he also completed a PhD thesis in rheumatology from the University of Bath.
The principles of his rheumatology practice are to:
- spend time listening carefully to his patients so that he deeply understands their symptoms, needs and impact on their life;
- thoroughly examine his patients, thinking beyond just their arthritis;
- apply established and novel imaging and laboratory tests to better clarify his patients’ disease;
- safely use established and cutting-edge treatments for his patients, using his knowledge from being Director of the Rheumatology Research Unit;
- counsel and educate his patients to empower them to best manage their disease;
- have open, frank and jargon-free conversations with his patients to ensure that he is best addressing the issues important to them.
Outpatient clinic consultations for a
variety of rheumatology conditions, including:
back pain (acute & chronic), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), psoriatic arthritis (PsA), ankylosing spondylitis (AS), gout, osteoarthritis (OA), fibromyalgia, lupus (SLE), Sjogren's syndrome, osteoporosis, chronic pain, osteoarthritis (knee, hand, foot and spine), and rotator cuff pain
- Joint and soft-tissue injections with cortisone and local anaesthetic
- Ultrasound of joints, tendons and ligaments (for diagnosis, monitoring and ultrasound-guided cortisone injections)
Dr Jadon enjoys spending his spare time with his wife and two young children, and playing tennis and golf when he has the opportunity to do so.
Dr Jadon is Director of the Rheumatology Research Unit at Cambridge University Hospitals NHSFT (Addenbrooke’s Hospital), where he leads a team of five research nurses, three rheumatology fellows and 1 administrator. They are currently performing >20 clinical trials / studies of novel cutting-edge medications for the treatment of arthritis and other rheumatological diseases. Dr Jadon is currently the principal/chief investigator on >10 of these studies.
He is an Associate Lecturer (associate-PI) in the Department of Medicine at the University of Cambridge. His academic research relates to biomarkers (genetic, serum, cellular and imaging) of psoriatic arthritis (PsA), ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
He has several high-impact peer-reviewed publications in international rheumatology journals as listed below, mostly relating to psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis, available here.
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Royal College of Physicians, London (RCP)
- British Society of Rheumatology (BSR)
- British Society for Psoriatic Arthritis (Brit-PACT – steering committee member)
- British Society for Spondyloarthritis (Brit-SpA)
- Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA)
- Association of Spondyloarthritis (ASAS)
Other post held
- Addenbrooke’s Hospital (Cambridge University Hospitals NHSFT)
- Consultant Rhuematologist
- Lead of Psoriatic Arthritis
- Director of the Rhuematology Research Unit
Insurers Dr Deepak Jadon works with
Dr Deepak Jadon works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA