Your initial 45-minute appointment involves an assessment and treatment. We assess your pain and symptoms to determine the cause of these symptoms, then recommend a treatment plan for you and begin this treatment. Follow-up appointments are 30 minutes. Your physiotherapist will advise how many appointments you will need but you can stop treatment at any time.
Initial Assessment - 45 minutes / Follow Up - 30 minutes
Initial Assessment - 45 minutes / Follow Up - 30 minutes
Why choose The Physiotherapy Clinic at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital?
Based in the heart of Leeds city centre (just five minutes’ walk from Millennium Square), The Physiotherapy Clinic at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital can provide physiotherapy treatment for a wide range of conditions.
We invest in our staff
With minimum three-years’ experience our physios are all Health and Care Professions Council and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy registered.
Clinical Governance is extremely important for Nuffield Health and regular CPD, auditing and training ensures that all our physiotherapists within the department are using the latest, evidence-based treatment modalities to ensure that you are receiving the best treatment available
Additional access to a wealth of expertise
Being based in Yorkshire’s largest independent hospital, Nuffield Health is unique in that we offer: a range of different services to provide a joined up, complete approach to healthcare. This includes:
- AlterG rehabilitation treadmill
- Gait analysis
- Health assessments
- Health and wellness vitamin and mineral blood tests
- Joint pain injections
- On-site rehabilitation gym - a quiet, on-site rehabilitation gym fully equipped with state of the art technology including cardio equipment, squat rack and free weights
- Pain management
- Radiology (X-Ray)
- Return to sporting activity guidance
- Shockwave Tendinopathy Treatment (ESWT)
- Strength and conditioning
- Tendinopathy management
- Ultrasound, CT and MRI scanning
With the Wakefield, Guiseley, Shipley, Cottingley and Harrogate gyms all within a 15 mile radius and the Nuffield Health Leeds Fitness & Wellbeing Gym only a few minutes’ walk away, we are in the privileged position to be able to offer a number of gym facilities to aid your recovery/rehabilitation.
Utilise your one month free gym membership at our nearby gyms during your treatment.
Our physiotherapists also work closely on site with the region’s leading consultants from a range of specialist areas.
What we treat at The Physiotherapy Clinic
We have expert physiotherapists who provide treatment in:
- Upper and lower limb musculoskeletal conditions
- Back and neck pain
- Sports injuries and injury prevention - including shockwave therapy
- Personal Training and 1:1 rehabilitation
- Women’s health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Respiratory rehabilitation
- Clinical Pilates
- Children's physiotherapy (Paediatrics) - please call us on 0113 388 2064 to speak with a physiotherapist before making an appointment
About Physiotherapy at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
- We are approved by most major private medical insurers
- Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Gym members in Leeds receive a 20% discount off the cost of their physiotherapy treatment
- Free gym trial available during your physiotherapy treatment
When are the Physiotherapy appointments available?
Appointments available: Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:30 and Friday 08:00 - 17:00
How to book a physiotherapy appointment
Call the team on 0113 388 2064.
Personal Training sessions now available at The Physiotherapy Clinic, Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
David Bown is our onsite qualified Personal Trainer with a background working alongside physiotherapists with a range of specialities. The one-to-one sessions are ideal if you would like to:
- Have your own programme developed by a Personal Trainer who has experience working alongside physiotherapists
- Workout in a quiet gym
- Improve your confidence in a gym setting
- Lose weight and/or gain strength
- Be in the best shape possible if you're going for surgery.
Suitable for adults of all ages and abilities. To read more about David, click on his profile below.
Sessions are 45-60 minutes and costs £40 per session. To find out more and to book, call: 0113 388 2064.
AlterG rehabilitation treadmill at The Physiotherapy Clinic, Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ integrates patented, NASA Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology to create a pressurised air chamber to uniformly reduce gravitational load and body weight in precise 1% increments.
AlterG enables patients and athletes to move unrestricted and pain-free – restoring and building muscle strength, range of motion, balance, function, and fitness.
Here are two case studies on how the AlterG rehabilitation treadmill has already helped two patients in Leeds:
To find out more about the AlterG treadmill and to book a slot, call: 0113 388 2064.
Clinical Pilates available at The Physiotherapy Clinic, Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
- Recovering from recent orthopaedic, spinal or gynecological surgery?
- Sustaining any sporting injuries?
- Keen to enhance your performance in sport? Such as running, cycling, horse riding, swimming or even gym work
- Suffering from back pain or other joint problems?
Join our specialist Clinical Pilates classes ran by our team of experienced physiotherapists from Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital (in our physiotherapy gym on the ground floor).
Clinical Pilates timetable
- Monday: 12:00 - 13:00
- Wednesday: 12:00 - 13:00
To find out more and to book: 0113 388 2064. (Phone lines are staffed Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 19:00 and Friday 08:00 - 17:30)
Meet the team: