Breast reduction surgery in Wolverhampton
You can get rapid access to breast reduction surgery performed by our experienced cosmetic surgeons at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£7,370|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic experts in Wolverhampton
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Wood Road, Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, WV6 8LE
Why choose Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital for your breast reduction surgery?
If you are wanting to undertake breast reduction surgery for medical reasons or cosmetic, our leading cosmetic breast surgeons can provide you with expert advice and a treatment plan tailored to you and your needs. Our cosmetic surgeons have been performing breast reduction surgery for a number of years, gaining a strong reputation from their consistently good surgical outcomes.
Our attentive matron-led nursing team work closely with our surgeons and are at hand to deliver 24-7 support, ensuring that your stay in hospital is efficient, clean and comfortable. You can rest assured that you will be in the best possible hands for your breast reduction procedure.
Your recovery period will play an important part in the success of the breast reduction, which is why your treatment package includes any aftercare that your consultant approves, (with no hidden medical fees).
Deciding whether to undertake cosmetic surgery or not isn’t easy and we understand that having any form of cosmetic surgery is a huge step. As a result we ask all our patients to engage fully with one of our consultants through an initial consultation, ensuring they have discussed all the options available before making an informed choice.
What is a breast reduction?
The procedure can relieve physical symptoms such as breast discomfort, neck ache, backache, shoulder pain, skin irritations under the breast fold, painful pressure from bra straps and difficulties and discomfort during exercise.
What happens during breast reduction surgery at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital?
- Breast reduction is performed under a general anaesthetic
- It can take between one-and-a-half to three hours
- There are several different surgical procedures for breast reduction
- Excess skin and fat is removed.
- Your breasts are reshaped and the nipples are repositioned
- All procedures result in a scar around the areola (dark area around the nipple) and each method results in additional scarring
- Your surgeon will discuss each procedure with you and together you will decide which is best in your particular case
- Breast reduction can also be used to correct asymmetry (imbalance) of your breasts.
Going home after breast reduction surgery
- Patients are usually required to stay at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital for one to two nights. You will have dressings on your breasts and there may be drains (plastic tubes). The drains are usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers and instructions regarding your dressings and any stitches you may have
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within six weeks. However everyone heals differently. Be sure and discuss your return to work with your surgeon
- The results of breast reduction improve gradually over time. Your breasts should become softer and more natural as the healing continues.
Guide to the stages of recovery
- You may have some discomfort for a week. Mild painkillers will help with this but avoid taking aspirin
- Keep walking around to avoid post-operative complications
- Sports bra worn day and night for about 3 weeks.
- Might pull and hurt a little when you move around
- Any non-dissolvable stitches will be removed
- Gradually begin to increase your activity
- Depending on your job, should be able to return to work from 2 weeks
- Drive only when you feel safe to do so.
- Avoid lifting or pushing anything heavy for at least four weeks
- No need to wear a bra during the night but keep one on during the day
- Loss of sensation to breast and nipple area continues to improve.
- Scars will begin to soften and fade
- You can begin to judge the final result.
Specific complications following breast reduction:
- Developing a lump or swelling inside the breast
- Numbness or persistent pain on the outer part of the breast
- Loss of skin, including the areola and nipple
- Stiff shoulder
- Change of breast and nipple sensation
- Uneven shape: Your breasts will change shape after reduction surgery. There is a chance that they may end up slightly lopsided, lumpy or with uneven nipples
- Reduced ability to breastfeed.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what to ask before surgery.