Private GP service in Shrewsbury
Struggling to schedule a visit to your GP? At Nuffield Health Shrewsbury Hospital, there's no waiting for appointments, prescriptions, or referrals.
If you have a busy schedule, a private GP appointment is the perfect way to make sure your health doesn’t get sidelined.
When you’re busy, trying to juggle home, work and family, we understand it is important to be able to access a doctor and other medical services rapidly and at a time convenient for you. Our efficient private GP service at Nuffield Health Shrewbury Hospital has been designed to fit in with your busy lifestyle, offering daily appointment times.
- 30 minute consultations
- Same-day appointments sometimes available
- Available to anybody over the age of 18
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP.
Please give us a call and speak to a friendly member of the team who can help you book an appointment at a time that suits you.
Our GPs offer a wide range of services, including women’s health and advice on minor illnesses. If further investigations are required we can request blood tests, imaging, referrals, and provide private prescriptions. Please be aware that these may involve additional charges.
Conditions and treatments offered
- GP consultations of 30 minutes
- Private prescriptions
- Referrals to private consultants and specialists – same day, if needed urgently
- Sexual health checks
- Cervical screening
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Contraceptive Coils and implant service
Services not offered
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- GP home visiting service
- Issue of Sick certificates
- Chronic condition monitoring and repeat medications, this is best done with your regular NHS GP Practice
- Consultations for those under the age of 18
- Consultations relating to pregnancy problems
- Prescriptions for controlled drugs
- Ear syringing
- Sports medicine certificates.