Vasectomy reversal surgery in Oxford
Or call us on
Nuffield Health Oxford, The Manor Hospital offers exceptional private healthcare facilities. Our team of experienced urology consultants will guide you from your initial consultation, through to your vasectomy reversal procedure and full recovery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Oxford Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
Our experienced consultant urological surgeons at Nuffield Health Oxford Hospital perform both vasectomy and vasectomy reversal surgery. They are supported by our matron-led nursing team who are committed to delivering first class care, whilst our excellent facilities combine to create an outstanding patient experience.
If your personal circumstances have changed and you are considering to reverse a vasectomy, contact our team in Oxford. We undertake many successful vasectomy reversal procedures every year and offer rapid access to treatment.
Vasectomy reversal - the procedure:
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Oxford will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
Vasectomy reversal consultants at Oxford, The Manor Hospital
Beech Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7RP
Our car park is now managed by EURO CARPARKS. Patients and visitors are required to input their car registration in to the panels located in the main reception areas to avoid a fine. Parking T&Cs are detailed on signs in the car park.
Ways to pay
Nuffield Health promise
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more