At Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital, our expert vascular surgeons have successfully removed many varicose veins.
Why choose Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for varicose vein stripping?
Our cutting-edge hospital allows us to offer exceptional standards of treatment and patient care. As a day patient, you'll have your own private bedroom to rest in before and after your varicose vein procedure. We aim to provide an efficient and smooth service.
Conveniently located in the heart of Leeds, we have free parking for private patients (or alternatively, book our private patient collection and drop off car service). Our team of dedicated nurses and staff will make sure you're comfortable throughout your stay. We even have an on-site pharmacy which is handy if you need to take any medication home with you.
Varicose veins develop most frequently in your legs resulting in enlarged and sometimes twisted veins. Although they are usually not a serious medical problem, varicose veins can be unsightly and uncomfortable.
Varicose vein stripping surgery at our Leeds Hospital
- During your consultation your vascular surgeon may recommend surgical removal (stripping) of your varicose veins
- Your surgeon and anaesthetist will discuss with your the type of anesthetic used.
- Stripping usually takes about 1 hour for each leg
- Your consultant in Leeds may mark the varicose veins to be stripped using waterproof pen
- Once the anaesthetic is working, your varicose veins are taken out through a cut (incision) in your groin or at the back of your knee
- Depending on the length of the vein, they may need to make several small incisions along your leg using the markings drawn earlier as a guide
- The incision may be closed with stitches or a smaller incision may only require adhesive paper strips (steri-strips).
- Your leg will also be wrapped in a bandage that keeps pressure applied to the area. This helps reduce the risk of bleeding or excessive bruising
- Other effective types of treatment for varicose veins available at our Leeds Hospital include: foam sclerotherapy and laser endovenous treatment.
2 Leighton Street, Leeds, LS1 3EB
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£2,670|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more