Vasectomy surgery in Glasgow
Or call us on
Looking for long-term contraception after deciding to no longer father children? If you and your partner are no longer intending to have children, you may benefit from vasectomy surgery performed at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital.
Why choose Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital for your vasectomy procedure?
At Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital, our team of experienced urologists can provide you with rapid access to a vasectomy if you no longer wish to father children. Before you decide to go ahead with a vasectomy, we strongly advise that you discuss your thoughts in detail with your partner and one of our consultants to ensure that you are fully informed before making a decision.
Having a vasectomy doesn't always result in permanent infertility. Our urology experts also perform vasectomy reversal surgery to help men regain fertility if there is a change in personal circumstances, however the procedure is not always successful due to a number of variable factors.
Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital is located in Glasgow West End, a short distance away from Glasgow city centre. Our central location means that we are easily found by public transport and we also provide plenty of free parking for patients who choose to drive.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital:
If you are are considering a vasectomy or want advice from a men's health professional, you can discuss your treatment options with one of our urology consultants in Glasgow by booking a private consultation via our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01413 349 441.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in two to three days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to twelve weeks.
Will my sex life be affected?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm in the semen
- However, you should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should also remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy, but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.
Vasectomy or male sterilisation consultants at Glasgow Hospital
25 Beaconsfield Road, Glasgow, G12 0PJ
Ways to pay
Nuffield Health promise
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more