Colonoscopy in Glasgow
At Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital, our experienced endoscopists can help you skip he wait and provide you with rapid access to an investigative colonoscopy procedure. You can also expect to see the results from your scope as soon as possible. Read more…
Paying for yourself
|Consultant fees||Hospital fees|
|Initial consultation||£150||No charge|
|Subtotals||£150 guide price||£2165 guaranteed price|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our colonoscopy experts in Glasgow
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
25 Beaconsfield Road, Glasgow, G12 0PJ
Why choose Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital for your colonoscopy procedure?
Are you in need of a diagnostic colonoscopy? If you have been referred by a health professional or are referring yourself, you can skip the wait and expect to find out if any abnormalities are found in your large bowl as quickly as possible.
At Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital our experienced endoscopists have performed thousands of colonoscopies and assert an exceptional standard of care, professionalism and diagnosis accuracy. We are proud of our unique hospital experience, where our patients are at the heart of everything we do. All of our staff intertwine to create a comforting hospital setting where our nurses and consultants strive to make your stay in Glasgow comfortable, efficient and rewarding.
Why choose Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital for your private colonoscopy?
To have a colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Glasgow you will need to book a consultation with one of our general surgeons first. To book an initial consultation, please call our hospital enquiry team on 01413 349 441.
Alternatively, fill out a contact form below and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
What is a colonoscopy?
- A colonoscopy is a test regularly carried out at our hospital in Glasgow, which allows our consultants to look at the inner lining of your large intestine, (rectum and colon)
- We use a thin, flexible tube called a colonoscope to look at the colon
- A colonoscopy helps identify conditions such as ulcers, colon polyps, tumours and inflamed areas of inflammation.
Are there any alternatives to a colonoscopy?
Yes, other options can include a barium enema (an x-ray of the large bowel) or a CT colography (a special scan of the large bowel).
What does a colonoscopy procedure involve?
- If appropriate, the endoscopist may offer you a sedative or painkiller
- A colonoscopy usually takes between half an hour and three-quarters of an hour
- The procedure involves placing a flexible telescope into the back passage and blowing some air into the large bowel to get a clear view
- The endoscopist will be able to look for problems such as inflammation or polyps
- They will be able to perform biopsies and take photographs to help make the diagnosis.
What complications can happen?
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing difficulties or heart irregularities
- Making a hole in the colon
- Incomplete procedure.
How soon will I recover from my colonoscopy?
- If you were given a sedative, you will normally recover in approximately 2 hours
- You may feel a bit bloated for a few hours but this will pass
- Your consultant will report back to you the findings of your colonoscopy
- Most of our patients are able to go back to work the day after the colonoscopy.
A colonoscopy is usually a very safe and effective way of finding out if you have a problem with your large bowel.
Thousands of men are killed by preventable diseases every year. By knowing the signs and reacting early, you can survive to live a long and happy life.