Vasectomy reversal treatment in Chester
Or call us on
Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital in Chester offers first-class treatment facilities and outstanding patient care. Our expert team of urologists and nurses will support you from your initial consultation, through to your vasectomy reversal treatment and then your recovery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Chester Hospital for my vasectomy reversal?
We offer a unique approach to care that puts our patients at the heart of everything we do. We've been looking after people for over 40 years and we'll make sure your stay with us is as smooth and comfortable as possible.
Even though you may not need to stay overnight, our day case ward offers a comfortable place to rest before and after your vasectomy reversal surgery.
What happens during vasectomy reversal?
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- The procedure takes between 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis (storage area)
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After your vasectomy reversal surgery at our Chester Hospital
- You should be able to go home on the same day of your procedure
- You should arrange for someone to pick you up from hospital
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6-8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample and we will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of vasectomy reversal:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
Wrexham Road, Chester, CH4 7QP
|Initial consultation||from £180|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,550|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Nuffield Health promise
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more