At Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons can provide you with the individual care and attention you need, delivering a personalised treatment plan for your liposuction procedure.
Why choose Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital for your liposuction treatment?
At Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital our experienced cosmetic surgeons are able to perform liposuction to help their patients lose that stubborn fat which doesn't seem to budge after conventional dieting and exercise. Liposuction can be applied to a number of different areas of the body and your consultant will provide you with a detailed and personalised treatment plan based on the area you want treated.
We pride ourselves on the the extremely high level of patient care our cosmetic consultants and matron-led nursing team maintain at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital. Our private rooms do not disappoint either, with each room designed to maximise your comfort and privacy. They all feature spacious en-suite bathrooms, flatscreen TV's and unlimited wireless internet connectivity.
If you are unsure about liposuction or whether the procedure is right for you, feel free to attend one of our complimentary cosmetic open events at our hospital in Cheltenham. Here you will get the opportunity to meet with one of our cosmetic surgeons, ask any questions and learn more about liposuction treatment.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital
If you are considering facelift surgery you will need to have a private consultation before proceeding with any treatment. Call our dedicated hospital enquiry team in Cheltenham today on 01242 246552, alternatively fill out a contact form and we will find you an appointment time that works for you.
Which areas of the body can be treated with liposuction?
Liposuction is commonly used to treat patients who are near normal weight and have firm elastic skin. It is important to understand that it is not a substitution for weight loss. Common areas treated are:
- Upper arms
- Male breasts.
What happens during liposuction at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital?
- Your consultant will assess your health, skin quality and the amount of fat to be removed before talking you through what approach should be employed
- Various types of anaesthesia are used during liposuction treatment
- If only small areas of fat are to be removed you may have local anaesthetic
- More extensive surgery may require a general anaesthetic (you will be put to sleep)
- The length of your liposuction procedure will depend on the amount of fat being removed
- Your surgeon will make a small incision in the skin
- Using a thin, hollow tube they will break up the fat cells beneath the skin surface and remove them with a special suction or vacuum. Several incisions may be required for larger areas
- Any incisions will be stitched at the end of the procedure
- The area will be bandaged for support.
Recovering from liposuction
- Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may be able to have the procedure as a day case
- You will need pain relief medication once the anaesthesia wears off
- You may need to wear an elastic support garment for two to six weeks after surgery
- Remember to ask a friend or relative to drive you home
- You will need to have your stitches removed five to ten days following your liposuction surgery
- You may need to take one to two weeks off work depending on the extent of your surgery
- For the first few weeks you will need to rest and avoid any strenuous activity
- Once the swelling has decreased you will notice a difference in your body contour
- However it may take up to six months to the area to settle down completely.
Stages of recovery from liposuction (please note this is only a guide)
- Except when bathing an elastic support garment must be worn day and night around the operation site (does not apply to facial surgery).
- Walking may be uncomfortable if your procedure was in the lower part of your body
- Gradually increase your activity.
- Any stitches or staples are removed.
- Return to work if approved by your surgeon.
- Normal activity level resumed
- You may need to continue to wear support garment.
- You no longer need to wear support garment.
- It can take 6 months for any swelling to disappear
- You may feel some numbness in the area.
- Final result can be judged, as long as your weight has remained stable.
The results of liposuction appear gradually and will differ for everybody before swelling and bruising subside. The overall appearance will be visible within two to three weeks and most of the remaining swelling will have gone within six to 12 weeks. However, your shape will continue to improve over the next six months to a year, as long as your weight is stable
Are there complications with liposuction?
Every surgical procedure has a chance of complications arising. And like any other surgical treatments, be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about the associated risks with your consultant surgeon.
Specific complications of liposuction (although rare) could include:
- Stiffness and pain
- Unusual sensations
- Fine thread veins
- Lumpy appearance as remaining fat settles.
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6SY
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more