The Rafaelo® Procedure at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
Or call us on
If you're suffering with haemorrhoids (piles), this revolutionary day case procedure is a safe and effective alternative to surgery, with minimal recovery time.
Why choose Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital?
At Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital, we treat every patient as an individual, offering bespoke care.
We have two highly experienced colorectal consultants, Justin Davies and Michael Powar, that perform this minimally invasive procedure. From your initial consultation through to recovery, we'll do everything we can to make sure you get the care you deserve.
You'll benefit from:
- zero waiting lists
- appointment times that suit you
- all-inclusive pricing – The Nuffield price promise
- 0% personal medical loans available
- aftercare included in your treatment package, should you require it.
Who is the Rafaelo® procedure suitable for?
This procedure is ideally suited for patients with internal haemorrhoid grades 1–3. Some grade 4 haemorrhoids may be reduced but likely not to a complete resolution, which often will require surgery.
Suitable for patients experiencing:
- bleeding after passing a stool (the blood is usually bright red)
- itchy bottom
- a lump hanging down outside of the anus, which may need to be pushed back in after passing a stool
- a mucus discharge after passing a stool
- soreness, redness and swelling around your anus
What does the procedure involve?
The procedure is minimally invasive, and in most cases does not require a general anaesthetic and the patient is able to return to their normal daily activities immediately after treatment.
- A local anaesthetic will be applied to the area of your haemorrhoid.
- The Device, emitting a safe and painless radio frequency energy, is then used to stem its blood supply and cause the haemorrhoid to contract.
- The procedure takes just a few minutes.
- In most cases your symptoms should improve instantly.
How long is the recovery process?
Once the procedure is completed, most patients can return to their daily activities, but depending to the grade of their haemorrhoids post procedure recovery may take a little longer.
A number of patients have reported excellent results with little to no aftercare requirement.
The Rafaelo® Procedure consultants at Cambridge Hospital
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
Ways to pay
Nuffield Health promise
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more