Justin Davies is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, being appointed to this post in 2007. He is Deputy Medical Director at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, an Associate Lecturer at the University of Cambridge and Director of Studies and a Bye-Fellow at Downing College, Cambridge. He is Vice President of The Royal Society of Medicine Section of Coloproctology, and recent member of Executive Council at The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland.
His main clinical interests are in minimally invasive treatments. These include the treatment of haemorrhoids (including outpatient treatments, radiofrequency ablation (Rafaelo) and doppler-guided THD/HALO), and the use of laparoscopic ("keyhole") surgery for bowel cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis) and diverticular disease. He offers investigation and treatment for rectal bleeding and change in bowel habit, bowel cancer screening/colonoscopy, and treatments for other conditions affecting the "bottom" including anal abscess, fistula, fissure, etc. He provides surgery for groin and abdominal wall hernias.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Justin Davies at Nuffield Health
- Stoma surgery
- Restorative proctocolectomy
- Transanal haemorrhoid dearterialisation (THD)
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Hernia repair
- Colorectal screening
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- The Rafaelo® Procedure
- Anterior resection
Justin Davies undertook a Master of Surgery higher degree at the University of Cambridge investigating less invasive methods of bowel cancer screening. This led to the award of several prestigious research prizes, including the Patey Prize and John of Arderne Medal, as well as publications in high impact factor journals such as the Lancet and Nature Reviews Cancer. He continues to undertake, supervise, present and publish clinical research, with particular interests in methods to reduce surgical site infection and the outcomes of laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, minimally invasive haemorrhoid treatments (HALO/THD) and anal cancer surgery.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- European Society of Coloproctology
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
Other post held
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
- Deputy Medical Director, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
- Associate Lecturer, University of Cambridge
- Director of Studies and Bye-Fellow, Downing College, University of Cambridge
- Vice President, Royal Society of Medicine Section of Coloproctology
- Honorary Fellow, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Insurers Mr Justin Davies works with
Mr Justin Davies works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Justin Davies does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Justin Davies does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Justin Davies does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.