Justin Davies has been a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge since 2007. He is currently Deputy Medical Director at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, an Affiliated Associate Professor at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow at Downing College, Cambridge. He is President in Waiting of The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland and President Elect of The Royal Society of Medicine Section of Coloproctology.
His main clinical interests are in minimally invasive treatments. These include the treatment of haemorrhoids (including outpatient treatments such as suction banding, radiofrequency ablation (Rafaelo) and doppler-guided THD/HALO, and the use of laparoscopic ("keyhole") surgery for bowel cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis) and diverticular disease. He offers investigation and treatment for rectal bleeding and change in bowel habit, bowel cancer screening/colonoscopy, and treatments for other conditions affecting the "bottom" including anal abscess, fistula, fissure, etc. He provides surgery for groin and abdominal wall hernias.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Justin Davies at Nuffield Health
- Stoma surgery
- Restorative proctocolectomy
- Transanal haemorrhoid dearterialisation (THD)
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Hernia repair
- Colorectal screening
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- The Rafaelo® Procedure
- Anterior resection
Justin Davies is the co-editor of 2 surgical textbooks and has published over 200 peer-review publications. He undertook a Master of Surgery higher degree at the University of Cambridge investigating less invasive methods of bowel cancer screening. This led to the award of several prestigious research prizes, including the Patey Prize and John of Arderne Medal, as well as publications in high impact factor journals such as the Lancet and Nature Reviews Cancer. He continues to undertake, supervise, present and publish clinical research, with particular interests in methods to reduce surgical site infection and the outcomes of laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery and minimally invasive haemorrhoid treatments (HALO/THD).
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- European Society of Coloproctology
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
Other posts held
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
- Deputy Medical Director, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
- Affiliated Assistant Professor, University of Cambridge
- Member of Executive Council, Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member of Council, Royal Society of Medicine Section of Coloproctology
- Honorary Fellow, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Director of Studies, Downing College, University of Cambridge
- Fellow, Downing College, University of Cambridge
Insurers Mr Justin Davies works with
Mr Justin Davies works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Justin Davies does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Justin Davies does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Justin Davies does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.