Dr Hoole currently holds a national clinical excellence bronze award. He has published over 100 peer reviewed manuscripts, written several book chapters and is a senior research fellow at the University of Cambridge. He is a specialist adviser to the MHRA, NICE and NIHR HTA interventional device programmes. He has co-authored guideline and position paper publications for the ESC, ACC, AHA and NICE and is currently appointed as a NICE clinical guideline chair. He is regularly asked to act as a medicolegal expert.
Dr Hoole has extensive experience in all aspects of cardiology including the causes of chest pain, breathlessness, ankle swelling, palpitations and dizziness/ blackouts. He subspecialises in key-hole coronary artery stenting via the wrist artery and has a particular interest in stent safety, complex PCI (calcium modification and opening chronic occlusions), refractory and microvascular angina, intracoronary imaging and physiology. He also leads the national balloon pulmonary angioplasty service.
Consultants at this event
Related treatments or tests
- Cardiovascular risk profile at Cambridge Hospital
- Cardioversion at Cambridge Hospital
- Coronary Angioplasty (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention or PCI) at Cambridge Hospital
- Interventional cardiology at Cambridge Hospital
- Zio® XT Cardiac Monitor in Cambridge
- CT calcium scoring (or cardiac calcium scoring) at Cambridge Hospital
- Carotid doppler at Cambridge Hospital
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) at Cambridge Hospital
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF