Vasectomy reversal surgery in Bristol
Nuffield Health Bristol Hospital offers leading medical facilities. Our team of top surgeons, nurses and staff will provide everything you need during your vasectomy reversal treatment. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £120|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,880|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our Bristol Hospital today
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
3 Clifton Hill, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1BN
Why choose Nuffield Health Bristol Hospital for your vasectomy reversal?
For over 50 years, we've been providing exceptional private healthcare in Bristol. Our recently modernised private hospital allows us to offer the safest and most effective vasectomy reversal treatment for male patients wanting to become fertile again.
We're passionate about providing a personal service and we'll do everything we can to make your treatment as efficient and comfortable as possible. Even though you might not need to stay overnight, we'll give you a private bedroom with en-suite to rest in before and after your vasectomy reversal procedure. Your safety and well-being are our priority.
What happens during vasectomy reversal?
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic and usually takes between an hour and an hour and a half
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis (storage area)
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After your vasectomy reversal at our Bristol Hospital
You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but your should arrange for someone to drive you.
Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort. You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery. Gentle walking may speed your recovery. Please discuss any return to work with your consultant.
About 6-8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample. We will examine the sample for sperm. If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
Every surgical procedure has a risk of complications. Be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about these risks with your surgeon.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.