Nuffy Bear Day Nursery at Nuneaton Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
Looking for an Ofsted registered nursery for your child? Nuffy Bear Day Nursery in Nuneaton offers experienced and qualified staff dedicated to supporting your child’s learning.
This nursery remains open from 8.30am- 4.30pm for children of key workers only. All nursery places will be charged at 50% off for the duration of the pandemic, terms and conditions can be found here.
We’ve made the difficult decision to close our nursery to all non-key workers' children. This is not an easy decision, but we’re doing this to follow government advice and to protect the children under our care, as well as our gym members, employees and local communities.
We’ll freeze all payments for full-time nursery places and we’ll reschedule all part-time nursery sessions, which can be used at a future date. You’re entitled to ask for a refund, but if you choose not to ask for one you’ll be helping us to continue to pay our care staff.
Please see our FAQs page for further information or contact your club if you have any questions.
Nuffy Bear Children's Day Nursery in Nuneaton
Nuffield Health Nuneaton Day Nursery opened in February 2010 and had previously operated as a crèche within our gym. We are conveniently located near the A444 on a leisure and industrial park area of Nuneaton, with Bedworth town nearby and easy access from Coventry.
We operate from one fully equipped ground floor room with facilities for the disabled. We have an outdoor garden area where children can play outside.
We run a popular 'Early Bird' scheme which enables parents to drop their child off from 07:30. We also offer part time nursery sessions from 08:00 to 13:00 and 13:00 to 18:00, however this service is at the discretion of our day nursery manager, and is subject to our staffing availability.
Look around our children's day nursery
We run tours of our nursery Monday to Friday, excluding 12:00 - 14:00 when the children are having lunch.
Links to our Nuneaton nursery pages
- Baby room - 3 months to 2 years
- Toddlers room - 2 to 3 years
- Pre-School 3 to 5 years
- Our nursery staff
- Settling in period
- Our fees
Bermuda Leisure Park
St David's Way
Health & safety
Health and safety is a fundamental factor of our nursery, if children are safe, healthy and happy in their environment then they can reach their full potential.
We have a duty to safeguard and promote the health and welfare of all the children in our care. This commitment is reflected in our policies for Child Sun Protection and Medicine and Sickness.
Keys nursery facts:
- Children in the 3 - 5 years age group are offered swimming lessons within our on-site gym
- We have three areas: 1) 'Baby' area – 3 months – 2 years ) 'Toddlers' area - 2 - 3 years 3) 'Pre-School' area - 3 - 5 years
- We have a separate sleep room
- Children are able to move freely around the areas and choose activities freely or can participate in adult led activities
- We have use of a large dance and fitness studio
- All children have a named key persons allocated to them
- Observations are done on the children to enable us to provide the correct activities and resources for their development
- The parents are given feedback to encourage parent and partnership
- Our nurseries follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. This includes education for children 3 months to 5 years
- The curriculum we follow prepares children for mainstream school
- Our professional, enthusiastic and welcoming staff are all CRB checked
- We provide rich enabling environments, and stimulating activities
- We explore our local environment by taking our children on walks
- Knowledgeable staff to support children’s learning and development
- Working in partnership with the parents and families of the children in our care
- Training our staff for the crucial role they play in supporting children’s learning and development
- Parents’ evenings are held 3 times a year to discuss your child’s progress, but the key person is always available to discuss any concerns.
Our aims at Nuneaton's Nuffy Bear Day Nursery:
- To work closely with you the parent
- To support your child in the move from home, family and familiarity into our nursery
- To help your child make a strong attachment to her or his key person
- To help your child feel secure and confident in nursery
- To work with you to help your child with any difficulties that might arise.