Bishop's Stortford FAQs
All you need to know about our Bishop's Stortford gym.
What equipment do you have?
- Cardio equipment (treadmills, cross-trainers, steppers, rowing machines and bikes)
- Functional Training area with gymnastic rings, punch bag, plyo box, battling ropes and vertical pull ropes and kettle bells
- Free weights area with 2 squat racks and a large variety of dumbbells and cabled equipment to work all your muscle groups
- Power plate machines
Is the gym air-conditioned?
Yes, our gym floor and class studios are fully air-conditioned.
I’ve never done an exercise class before. Will the instructor help me?
Rest assured, you’re in safe hands with our experienced instructors. We recommend arriving 5 minutes early. Before the start of the class, the instructor will ask if there are any newcomers so that he or she can assist you.
How big are your classes?
Most classes take up to 25 people in Studio 1 and 12 people in Studio 2.
Spin classes take up to 18.
Will somebody show me how to use the equipment?
Yes, one of our expert Wellbeing Trainers will give you a full induction of the gym. This includes a personalised exercise programme to help you get the most out of your membership.
What does my gym membership include?
Your Nuffield Health membership includes:
- Access to over 90 weekly exercise classes
- use of our 20 metre heated swimming pool.
- A personalised exercise programme when you start
- Health MOTs – Understand your health with the help of our expert team
- Access to other Nuffield Health clubs
- Access to our ‘Meet our Expert’ events
- Discounts on physiotherapy with a Nuffield Health physiotherapist
- Discounts on some beauty treatments at our on-site Beauty Suite.
Do I need to pay for a locker?
No, your membership card is used to operate your locker.
What changing facilities do you have?
We have spacious male and female changing rooms with large lockers, private showers with complimentary products, and hairdryers.
How busy does the gym get?
Our peak and quiet periods are:
Peak: Monday-Friday: 09:00 – 11:00, Weekends: 08:00 - 11:00
Quiet: Monday-Friday: 12:00 - 16:00, Weekends: 16:00 - 20:00
Do you have a car park?
No, but you can park at Jackson Square car park where we refund up to 2 hours parking.
Do you run social events?
Yes, we run evening social events. We also have a cafe where members can relax and socialise. We pride ourselves on the friendly and welcoming nature of our club.
Do I need to book classes in advance?
All our classes with the exception of spinning classes can be booked 15 minutes before the class. Spinning classes can be booked a day before on 01279 507002.
Do you have a sauna or steam room?
Yes, we have a sauna and a steam room to relax in after your workout. We also have a poolside spa.
What should I bring?
You’ll need your membership card to enter the club. We recommend wearing light and comfortable clothing. Please bring a towel and a bottle of water. You can fill up at one of our water fountains in the gym.
Can I freeze my membership?
If you’re ill, injured, pregnant or made redundant, you can freeze your membership at any time. Further terms and conditions regarding freezing or cancelling your membership can be found here.