Suzie Venn was appointed as a Consultant Urological Surgeon at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester in 2000. She trained at the Royal London Hospital, with her urological training being centred in the nationally renowned centres of the Institute of Urology, University College London and Guys Hospital. Here she developed her subspecialty interests in urethral stricture disease and Reconstructive Urology under Professor Mundy. She also trained under Professor Woodhouse in Adolescent and Reconstructive urology, to join the Reconstruction Team at the Institute of Urology as a part time consultant and honorary senior lecturer.
In 2005 Suzie was appointed as a consultant in Portsmouth Hospitals to lead reconstruction and adolescent surgery. Over that time the urethral reconstruction service has further developed to provide sub-specialist care for West Sussex, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands ETC.
At St Richard’s Hospital, Suzie is the clinical lead for reconstructive surgery, male and female incontinence and paediatric and adolescent surgery.
Suzie Venn is married to Richard, an Anaesthetist and has two sons.
Mrs Venn is a Consultant Urologist with special interest in strictures, adolescent, and female urology.
Treatments and tests offered by Mrs Suzie Venn at Nuffield Health
- Reconstructive surgery
- Vasectomy reversal
- Testicular ultrasound
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- Prostate screening
- Female urology
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
A selection of research papers includes:
- "Augmentation cystoplasty."; 2001.
- "Reconstructive Urology."; 2001/02.
- "Zen and the art of Mitrofanoff maintenance."; 2002.
- "The Outcome of the Artificial Urinary Sphincter in female patients."; 2002.
- "Bladder reconstruction: urothelial augmentation, trauma, fistula."; 2002.
- Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
- BAUS section of Female Urology Urethral Surgeons Group
Other posts held
- Consultant Urologist, St Richard's Hospital, Chichester
- Consultant Urologist, Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
Insurers Mrs Suzie Venn works with
Mrs Suzie Venn works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mrs Suzie Venn does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mrs Suzie Venn does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mrs Suzie Venn does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.