Mr Simon Ashley is a consultant general surgeon, based in Plymouth, with specialist interest in varicose vein treatment.
- Varicose veins
- Thread veins
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Carotid surgery
- Leg artery bypass surgery
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Simon Ashley at Nuffield Health
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Thread vein treatment (sclerotherapy)
- Carotid doppler
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
Extensive publications on many aspects of vascular surgery. Major research interest in benchmarking performance of surgeons using national data.
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons England
- European Society for Vascular Surgery
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Derriford Hospital
- Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons England
Insurers Mr Simon Ashley works with
Mr Simon Ashley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Simon Ashley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Simon Ashley has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Ashley owns a 100% share in one laser kept on and used at Nuffield Health premises.
Mr Simon Ashley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.