Mr. Dias qualified in 1992 and has trained extensively in Hand Surgery both in the United Kingdom and abroad. He undertook specialist training in Hand and Upper Limb Surgery in Birmingham and following completion of his specialist training he went on to do a Hand Fellowship at The Pulvertaft Hand Centre followed by an Upper Limb Fellowship.
Mr Dias' specialies include:
- Hand and Wrist - Nerve entrapment neuropathies, Dupuytren's disease, Rheumatoid, degenerative and post traumatic hand and wrist disorders
- Shoulder and Elbow - Shoulder impingement, Cuff tears, Instability, Frozen shoulder, Tennis and Golfer's elbow, Nerve entrapment neuropathies, Rheumatoid, degenerative and post traumatic shoulder and elbow conditions
- Trauma - General Trauma with a specialist interest in Hand and Upper Limb Trauma
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Richard Dias at Nuffield Health
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Tennis elbow release
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)
Fellowship trained in Hand and Wrist Surgery, Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
Research and Teaching: Mr Dias has published and presented nationally and internationally on disorders of the Hand and Upper Limb and on other aspects of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery.
He is currently the clinical lead for undergraduate orthopaedic teaching at New Cross Hospital Wolverhampton and is a regular faculty member for Hand and Upper Limb postgraduate teaching courses.
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Consultant Hand and Upper Limb Surgeon, The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust.
Insurers Mr Richard Dias works with
Mr Richard Dias works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Richard Dias does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Richard Dias does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Richard Dias does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.