Mr Henley graduated, MB ChB from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1980. He served in the Royal Navy for nine years, including duties during the Falklands conflict. During this time he was awarded a commendation from the Commander in Chief for his work with the wounded. Mr Henley then undertook general surgical training in Manchester, qualifying FRCS (Ed) in 1987.
He commenced his intensive training programme in 1988 to become a plastic surgeon, qualifying FRCS (Plast) in 1993 and was appointed as a Consultant in 1994. During this training he was awarded the James Laing Memorial Prize of the British Burn Association, gained a Light-Millard Fellowship at the University of Miami, and with the assistance of a Wellington Foundation Scholarship was able to travel to centres of excellence in plastic surgery in Europe.
Mr Henley is very actively involved in teaching and training at national and local levels and is directly responsible for organising and conducting the training of up and coming plastic surgeons in the East Midlands region of the United Kingdom in cleft and cosmetic surgery. In addition to his training responsibilities, Mr Henley is the Trent Regional Specialty Adviser in Plastic Surgery to the Royal College of Surgeons, is an examiner for the Intercollegiate Fellowship Examination in Plastic Surgery and is the Consultant Adviser in plastic and soft tissue surgery to both the Royal Navy and Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd.
Because of his passion for raising standards within the cosmetic industry and thus protecting the public, Mr Henley has chaired and participated in numerous cosmetic surgery safety task forces and is Chairman of the Interface Group in Cosmetic Surgery of the national training body for the United Kingdom - The Joint Committee on Surgical Training (JCST). This group includes experts from all the different specialties involved in cosmetic surgery and is developing national standards for training and practice in cosmetic surgery.
Mr Henley performs the following cosmetic treatments at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital:
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mark Henley at Nuffield Health
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Breast enlargement surgery
- Breast reduction surgery
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Eye lift
- Facelift surgery
- Fat grafting
- Injections for wrinkles
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Liposuction treatment
- Male breast reduction surgery
- Mole removal
- Nose reshaping surgery
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty)
- Head and neck surgery
- Body contouring
- Breast reconstruction
- Dermal fillers
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Thigh lift
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Brow lift
- Neck lift
- Post bariatric surgery (or body contouring)
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Buttock lift
- Council Member and served as Officer of British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Council Member and Chairman of Independent Practice Committee of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Burn Association
- Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Society of Surgery of the Hand
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Nottingham and Derby NHS Hospitals since 1994
Insurers Mr Mark Henley works with
Mr Mark Henley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Mark Henley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mark Henley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mark Henley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.