Mr Rawes has been a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic surgeon for Pinderfields Hospital for twenty years. He has practised privately throughout this period. He has a broad training in Orthopaedic and Trauma surgery, but as a Senior Registrar and Consultant he specifically developed elective interests in lower limb joint replacement, hip replacement, knee replacement and arthroscopy.
He completed his Orthopaedic training with a Hip Fellowship with Professor Wroblewski at Wrightington Hospital and a Knee Fellowship with Mr Richard Parkinson at Arrowe Park Hospital.
The majority of his elective practice involves hip replacement, knee replacement and knee arthroscopy. He performs cemented and uncemented hip replacements including ceramic bearings. He performs cemented and uncemented knee replacements including gender specific knees.
He also has an interest in trauma having completed an AO Trauma Fellowship in Tampa, Florida. He is on the faculty of the AO Basic and Advanced Fracture Fixation courses and also an instructor on Advanced Trauma Life Support courses.
Mr Rawes specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Weekly Wednesday evening
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
- Hip and Knee Arthroplasty (including revision)
- Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- President of the Ridings Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of British Hip Society
- Member of British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- Member of Orthopaedic Trauma Society
- Member of British Medical Association
DeclarationMr Malcolm Rawes works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Mr Malcolm Rawes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Malcolm Rawes does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Malcolm Rawes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.