Brian Birch's specialist interest is in adult urology. He graduated from St Catharine's College, Cambridge, and King's College Hospital, London, and went on to train in urology at the Institute of Urology, London, Eastbourne Department of Health and Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Mr Birch specialises in the following treatments at the Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital:
Brian is a keen sportsman (watcher, rather than competitor these days), especially for football, rugby, cricket. He enjoys jogging, playing tennis and supporting Charlton Athletic F.C.
He is a big movie fan and reader of medieval and military history. He is married with three children and lives in the New Forest.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Brian Birch at Nuffield Health
- Vasectomy reversal
- Prostate surgery
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- STD Screening
Research papers on: Multiple drug resistance in bladder cancer, lycopenes.
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Urological Surgeons (Oncology Section)
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Amercian Urological Association
- Society of Integrative Urology
Other post held
- Honorary Associate Professor and Consultant in Urology, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Brian Birch works with
Mr Brian Birch works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Brian Birch does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Brian Birch does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Brian Birch does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.