At Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital our modern facilities allow our highly experienced urology consultants and dedicated nurses provide the highest standards of treatment and matron-led care.
Why choose Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital for your vasectomy reversal?
At Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital, our specialist urology team are highly experienced and have access to state-of-the-art medical facilities. They also employ the most modern surgical techniques, encouraging a full and speedy recovery for our male patients. We perform many success vasectomy reversal procedures each year for men whose family circumstances have changed.
Our recent hospital refurbishment and matron-led care make our Leicester hospital the ideal place for you to undergo vasectomy reversal surgery. Even though you may not need to stay overnight we will still give you the luxury of a private en-suite room to relax in before and after your surgery.
If you want to reverse a vasectomy procedure you previously had and want rapid access to treatment, please contact our team today to arrange a consultation.
What happens during vasectomy reversal at Leicester Hospital?
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic and usually takes between an hour and an hour and a half
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis (storage area)
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After your vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6-8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our Leicester clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
Every surgical procedure has a risk of complications. Be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about these risks with your surgeon.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Although unlikely, specific complications of vasectomy reversal include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
Scraptoft Lane, Leicester, LE5 1HY
|Initial consultation||from £190|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,510|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more