About Highgate Hospital
Our services and treatments
Following a £15 million redevelopment and expansion programme, we offer a wide range of healthcare services, including:
- a private GP service
- outpatient clinics
- diagnostic imaging
- a pharmacy service
- treatment or surgery in most branches of medicine
We can care for you from your initial appointment with a consultant and diagnostic tests, through to surgical treatment and rehabilitation. There are minimal waiting times for tests and treatment.
You can find a full list of services and treatments here.
Our expert team
Highgate Hospital works with over 150 consultants and other specialists in London. Many of these healthcare professionals also work in the NHS and are leaders in their field. You can view our consultants’ profiles here.
We employ more than 100 hospital staff, including highly experienced nurses. All of our nurses are registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Our dedicated team make sure that you get the best possible care and treatment.
Our quality standards
The Care Quality Commission is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. In May 2017, they awarded Highgate Hospital an overall rating of ‘Good’ for being safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led. You can read more about how we are regulated here.
To practise at Highgate Hospital, consultants must meet strict criteria set by our Medical Advisory Committee. Our consultants agree to comply with Nuffield Health’s quality framework. This ensures that our patient care meets the highest safety and quality standards, and that we continually improve our services.
Highgate Hospital also maintains strict hygiene standards to protect your health and safety. We do not have any known cases of hospital-acquired infections, such as MRSA.
At Highgate Hospital, we have exceptional levels of patient satisfaction. We have received numerous awards and accreditations for the quality of our healthcare. One of our patients recently commented: ‘From the moment that I arrived, the care and communication were of a very high standard. All of the staff from the front desk through to nurses, the pharmacist and the anaesthetist were exceptional.’
- 32 luxury en-suite bedrooms
- 4 operating theatres
- 15 consulting suites
- Recovery unit
- Physiotherapy Department
- Endoscopy suite (accredited by the Joint Advisory Group on Gastrointestinal Endoscopy)
- Imaging Department (including MRI, CT and ultrasound scans and digital X-rays)
- Minor operations suite
- Free onsite car parking (limited)*
* Limited spaces are available every day in our hospital car park. You can also park for free on the roads surrounding the hospital. There are parking restrictions from Monday to Friday between 10.00 a.m. and 12.00 noon. During these times, you can park on Hampstead Lane or Woodside Avenue.