Private GP service in Exeter
Our private GPs provide a convenient service that enables you to receive the help and advice you need at a time to suit you
Book a Private GP appointment
Struggling to get an appointment with your doctor?
When you're busy, trying to juggle home and work, it's important for you and your family to be able to access a doctor and other medical services rapidly and at a time that's convenient. We provide face to face consultations with sufficient time to cover your health problems.
- Clinics on Wednesday 09:00-12:00 & Friday 09:00-13:00, by appointment only
- 30-minute consultations or longer - priced accordingly
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP
One of the key advantages of being based within our hospital is that we can usually arrange for investigations such as blood tests, x-rays and scans to be done at the time of consultation, or the following day. We can also ensure rapid referral to any one of the wide range of specialists that consult at the hospital if required.
We offer a full range of direct access GP services with the flexibility to fit around your schedule.
Our services include
- 30-minute consultations or longer
- Private prescriptions
- General lifestyle advice (including weight management, smoking cessation and cholesterol levels)
- Referrals to private hospital consultants
- Cervical screening
- Well woman/man checks
- Prostate screening
- Medicals for HGV and taxi drivers
- Travel medicals
- Contraception, including contraceptive implants
Service we don't provide
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999 home visits
- Minor surgery
- Issue of Sick certificates
- Chronic condition monitoring and repeat medications, this is best done with your regular NHS GP Practice
- Consultations relating to pregnancy problems
- Ear syringing
- Sports medicine certificates
Some health insurance policies may cover consultation fees and investigations (please check with your insurer first) but we do ask that you cover the cost initially and then recover this from your insurer.
Any medicines required will be prescribed on a private prescription redeemable at any pharmacy (you will need to pay for the cost of drugs).
The service is run by a group of local GPs with many years of experience.
MCChB, MRCGP, DFFP, DRCOG
Specialty General Practice
If you would like further information about this service or to make an appointment with a private GP, please call the secretary:
- Tuesday - Friday - 01392 712993 (Katy)