Breast enlargement surgery in Chichester
At Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital, our experienced cosmetic surgeons specialise in breast enlargement surgery and can provide the aesthetic results you desire. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £180|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£4,530|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic experts in Chichester
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
78 Broyle Road, Chichester, PO19 6WB
Why choose Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital for your breast enlargement surgery?
You can get the cosmetic results you have longed for at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital. Our experienced cosmetic surgeons are experts in performing successful breast enlargement surgery and have earned a reputation for achieving exceptional patient outcomes.
At Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital you are provided with rapid access to surgery and a cosmetic treatment plan completely tailored to you and your needs. Our hospital has has been leading the way for private healthcare in West Sussex over the last 20 years.
We value a positive patient experience and our private rooms do not disappoint. They feature spacious en-suite bathrooms, flatscreen TV's, modern decor and free wireless internet connectivity.
Deciding whether to undertake cosmetic surgery or not isn’t easy and we understand that having any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step. As a result we insist all patients engage fully with one of our consultants, ensuring they have discussed all the options available before making the right decision.
If you are still unsure about breast enlargement surgery, you're are more than welcome to book a mini 1-1 advice session with one of our cosmetic consultants. Here you will get the opportunity to meet a cosmetic breast surgeon in person and ask any questions you may have. Please be aware that this will not replace a full consultation and an initial consultation will still be needed to progress with any surgery.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
If you are interested in breast enlargement surgery and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants in Chichester, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team on 01243 753 010 or by filling out a contact form above.
Why have breast enlargement surgery?
Women choose this operation for a variety of reasons:
- To enhance the body contour
- To reconstruct the breast after previous breast surgery
- To improve breast size or shape after having children
- To balance a difference in breast size.
What are the benefits?
Perhaps you have always wanted larger breasts, or maybe you want to enhance the shape of your breasts following a pregnancy or major weight loss. Breast augmentation patients often report psychological benefits following the procedure including:
- Increased self esteem (self confidence)
- Enjoy wearing new/fitted clothing
- Feeling more feminine
- Body balance, feeling breast are more in proportion with your body.
What kind of breast implant should I choose?
Based on your unique needs your consultant in Chichester may discuss and advise you on what implant would best suit you.
- All implants are made of an outer layer (shell) of silicone
- They can be filled with silicone, salt water (saline) or both
- The silicone used to fill the implant can be in the form of a liquid or gel (cohesive silicone)
- Liquid silicone and saline implants give a softer and more natural feel
- Cohesive silicone implants give a firmer feel and can come in more shapes
- Textured liquid implants with a simple round shape often give as good results as shaped cohesive-gel implants
- The Medicines and Healthcare products regulatory Agency (MHRA) is responsible for ensuring the safety of implantable medical devices, including breast implants.
Is silicone safe?
Many studies have been carried out to find if silicone breast implants are safe. There is no evidence to suggest that women who have silicone breast implants are at a higher risk of getting diseases such as cancer and arthritis.
What happens during breast enlargement surgery at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital?
Your operation is performed under a general anaesthetic (you will be asleep) and usually takes approximately an hour and a half. There are several options for surgical incisions:
- Inframammary (the crease under the breast)
- Transaxillary (the armpit)
- Periareolar (the area around the nipple).
The type of incision (cut) used is based on the type of implant, the degree of augmentation (enlargement), your particular anatomy and patient/surgeon preference. Be sure and discuss incision options with your surgeon.
Your surgeon will usually place the implant in a pocket directly behind your breast as this gives the most natural result. However, if you do not have enough breast skin and tissue to cover the implant, your surgeon may recommend placing the implant behind the pectoral muscle. Be sure to discuss the implications of placement of your implant with your surgeon.
Going home after your breast enlargement surgery in Chichester
You should be able to go home the same day or the day after your surgery. You might be required to wear a special supportive bra for several weeks to help your breasts settle after the procedure.
Everyone recovers at their own pace. However most women return to normal activities within two to three weeks. Depending on your type of job you should be able to return to work after the first week. You should be able to do a limited amount of activity, such as lifting young children, after about two weeks.
It usually takes a few weeks for your breasts to look and feel more natural. The results of a breast augmentation usually last for a long time. The length of time a breast implant lasts will vary depending on an individual's personal factors.
Below is a guide as to the stages of recovery after breast augmentation, please note that all patients heal differently:
Day 1 - 4
- Sleep upright in bed supported by pillows to help reduce swelling
- Wear your support bra as advertised by your consultant
- Take things easy when you get home.
5 - 14 days
- Gradually increase your activity but nothing to strenuous
- Any non dissolvable stitches will be removed during this time
- Driving may be commenced only when comfortable.
- Bruising and swelling continue to go down
- You can think about returning to work a week or two after surgery.
- Exercise can resume after 4 weeks but restrain from strenuous exercise for a further two weeks
- Your implants will continue to descend into a more natural looking position.
6 - 9 months
- Scars will begin to soften and fade
- Final result can be judged.
What are the complications with breast enlargement surgery?
Every surgical procedure has a risk of complications. Be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about these risks with your surgeon.
Specific complications of breast augmentation surgery can include:
- Capsular contraction - the breast may feel harder than normal and painful
- Developing a collection of blood or fluid in the pocket where the implant is placed
- Infection of the implant
- Change of breast and nipple sensation
- Thickening and tightening of the capsule
- Kinking and rippling
- Stiff shoulder
- Numbness or persistent pain on the outer part of your breast
- Rupture or deflation of the implant
- Cosmetic problems.
New measures rolled out to protect patients in the wake of the Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) scandal are a step in the right direction for the medical profession, but patients still need to look out for themselves. Dr Davina Deniszczyc explains.
Before and after pictures are commonly used to evidence 'successful' cosmetic surgery. But how can you tell if they're an accurate representation?