Chichester Hospital Competition & Markets Authority Declaration
Hospital services provided for consultants
In accordance with the requirements of the Competition & Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the Order) the details of services offered by the hospital to our consultant partners are detailed below.
Consulting rooms are made available to referring clinicians or those that hold practicing privileges at the hospital at a rate of £21.00 per hour or part thereof, which represents a fair market rate. Consulting rooms are made available on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Accommodation for consultants’ medical secretarial staff is also made available at this hospital at a rental rate of £487.50 per month, which represents a fair market rate. Such accommodation is provided on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Medical secretarial services are made available to our consultant partners at a rate of £19.00 plus VAT per hour, which represents a fair market rate. Medical secretarial services are provided on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Discounts are made available for all consultants for each of these services at -20% on agreement of prompt payment by direct debit.
All consultants are invited to attend the Medical Society Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM is hosted offsite and food and drinks are provided. The total cost of the most recent event was £2,097.
Paid Advisory Roles
To support delivery of clinical services in the hospital, the following consultant hold a paid advisory role for Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital.
- Dr M Dryden & Dr Kordo Saeed are each paid £4,000 per annum for providing advisory services relating to microbiology
- Dr Chris James is paid £2,000 per annum for providing advisory services relating to haematology
- Dr Heather Barbour is paid £2,000 per annum for providing services relating to biochemistry.
Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital is proud to support medical professionals in their pursuit of continuing professional education. The Hospital’s Medical Society approves grants, made from Nuffield Health resources, in order to advance and ensure clinical safety through consultant attendance at relevant educational conferences and events.
Low value services provided to our Consultant partners at this hospital include
- Discounted gym membership
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- General corporate hospitality
- General hospital marketing activity
- General services provided to ensure clinical safety
- In-house training
- Insurance or indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of national health service patients
- Mandatory training
- Mini-consultations at patient information events
- Operational services such as patient admission, administrative services and billing
- Patient notes archiving
- Stationery and printing facilities
- Subsidised meals
- Tea, coffee and other soft beverages
Further useful outcome statistics for this hospital can be seen on the Private Healthcare Information Network website at www.phin.org.uk
Nuffield - Consultant Data Processing Agreement
The Data Processing Agreement governing the processing of any personal data in connection with the provision of administrative support services and/or medical records storage by the Hospital for consultants can be accessed here.