Private GP service in Cheltenham
Our Private GP Service at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital provides a convenient service that enables you to receive the help and advice you need at a time to suit you.
Are you too busy to see your doctor?
When you’re busy, trying to juggle home and work, it is important for you and your family to be able to access a doctor and other medical services rapidly and at a time that's convenient.
The service is run by our local GPs who between them have over 50 years experience.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- 30-minute consultations
- Same-day appointments available
- Available to anybody over the age of 12
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP
One of the key advantages of being based within our hospital is that we can usually arrange for investigations such as blood tests, x-rays and scans to be done at the time of consultation, or the following day. We can also ensure rapid referral to any one of the wide range of specialists that consult at the hospital if required.
Our services and treatments:
- Onsite pathology
- Private prescriptions
- Repeat medications
- Prescriptions of controlled drugs
- Diagnostic imaging centre (including ultrasound, mammograms, CT and MRI scanning)
- General lifestyle advice (including weight management, smoking cessation and cholesterol levels)
- Sexual health checks
- Referrals to hospital consultants
- HGV medicals
- Racing medicals
- Home visits (by special arrangement)
- Smear tests
- Well woman checks
- Prostate screening
- Gardasil vaccinations
- HIV screening
- Sports Medicine Certificate – please make enquiries beforehand by sending us the required certificate and we will do our best to complete
- Ear syringing
It is our policy to write to your NHS GP (if you have one) after each consultation to ensure continuity of care. However, if you would prefer that we did not, please let us know.
Services we do not provide:
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- Issue of sick certificates
- Chronic condition monitoring - this is best done with your NHS GP Practice
- Consultations for those under the age of 12
- Yellow Fever, Whooping Cough or TB Vaccinations
- Consultations relating to pregnancy problems
Contact our private GP service in Cheltenham
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.