Mr Gohel is has been a Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Surgeon since 2012 and is an internationally recognised expert in the treatment of varicose veins, venous skin damage, leg ulcers and deep vein disorders. He has been actively involved in venous research for over 15 years and speaks regularly at national and international conferences.
Using a bespoke, patient centred approach, Mr Gohel offers the latest minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of varicose veins (including radiofrequency ablation, cyanoacrylate glue and foam sclerotherapy) in addition to surgical removal of varicose veins and the latest stenting technology for narrowed or blocked deep veins. Over the last 10 years, he has performed >1000 keyhole varicose vein procedures.
Working in one of the busiest Vascular units in the UK, Mr Gohel also has extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of aortic / iliac aneurysms, peripheral arterial disease / claudication and carotid disease.
Mr Gohel has a strong interest in research and training. He acts as a trainer and proctor to other surgeons, teaching the latest cyanoacrylate glue treatments. He is on the editorial board of a venous journal and has been on the writing committee of international vein treatment guidelines.
Consultants at this event
Related treatments or tests
- Arterial Surgery at Cambridge Hospital
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm) at Cambridge Hospital
- Endovascular treatment at Cambridge Hospital
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins at Cambridge Hospital
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins at Cambridge Hospital
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins at Cambridge Hospital
- Thread vein treatment (sclerotherapy) at Cambridge Hospital
- Varicose vein stripping at Cambridge Hospital
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF