Breast enlargement surgery in Brentwood
Are you unhappy with the size and shape of your breasts? At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our cosmetic surgeons excel in breast enlargement surgery and can provide you with quick access to treatment. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£5,515|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in Brentwood
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
Why choose Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your breast augmentation surgery?
At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital in Essex, our leading cosmetic surgeons specialise in breast augmentation, more commonly referred to as a 'boob job'. Our consultants have built an exceptional record for successful patient outcomes and have been leading the way for cosmetic surgery in Essex for a number of years. By choosing Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your cosmetic treatment, you can rest assured that you are in the best hands possible.
We know that making such a personal and important decision isn’t easy. Undertaking any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step and therefore we insist all patients engage with one of our consultants in Brentwood, ensuring they are well informed before making the right decision.
We understand that every patient's expectations from surgery may vary, that's why our consultants provide you with a treatment plan which is individually tailored to you and inclusive of all hospital costs.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
If you want to go ahead with breast augmentation surgery, you will need to book an initial consultation to see one of our expert cosmetic surgeons in Brentwood first. To book a private consultation, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01277 695 695.
Alternatively, if you are unsure about whether breast enlargement is right for you, why not come along to one of our free cosmetic surgery open events. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our cosmetic surgeons and ask any questions you may have in an informal and friendly setting.
Why have breast enlargement surgery?
Women choose this operation for a variety of reasons:
- To enhance the body contour
- To reconstruct the breast after previous breast surgery
- To improve breast size or shape after having children
- To balance a difference in breast size.
What are the benefits?
Perhaps you have always wanted larger breasts, or maybe you want to enhance the shape of your breasts following a pregnancy or major weight loss. Breast augmentation patients often report psychological benefits following the procedure including:
- Increased self-esteem (self confidence)
- Enjoy wearing new/fitted clothing
- Feeling more feminine
- Body balance, feeling breast are more in proportion with your body.
What kind of breast implant should I choose?
Based on your unique needs your consultant in Brentwood may discuss and advise you on what implant would best suit you.
- All implants are made of an outer layer (shell) of silicone
- They can be filled with silicone, salt water (saline) or both
- The silicone used to fill the implant can be in the form of a liquid or gel (cohesive silicone)
- Liquid silicone and saline implants give a softer and more natural feel
- Cohesive silicone implants give a firmer feel and can come in more shapes
- Textured liquid implants with a simple round shape often give as good results as shaped cohesive-gel implants
- The Medicines and Healthcare products regulatory Agency (MHRA) is responsible for ensuring the safety of implantable medical devices, including breast implants.
Is silicone safe?
Many studies have been carried out to find if silicone breast implants are safe. There is no evidence to suggest that women who have silicone breast implants are at a higher risk of getting diseases such as cancer and arthritis.
What happens during breast enlargement surgery?
Your operation is performed under a general anaesthetic (you will be asleep) and usually takes approximately an hour and a half. There are several options for surgical incisions:
- Inframammary (the crease under the breast)
- Transaxillary (the armpit)
- Periareolar (the area around the nipple).
The type of incision (cut) used is based on the type of implant, the degree of augmentation (enlargement), your particular anatomy and patient/surgeon preference. Be sure and discuss incision options with your surgeon.
Your surgeon will usually place the implant in a pocket directly behind your breast as this gives the most natural result. However, if you do not have enough breast skin and tissue to cover the implant, your surgeon may recommend placing the implant behind the pectoral muscle. Be sure to discuss the implications of placement of your implant with your surgeon.
Going home after your breast enlargement surgery
You should be able to go home the same day or the day after your surgery. You might be required to wear a special supportive bra for several weeks to help your breasts settle after the procedure.
Everyone recovers at their own pace. However, most women return to normal activities within two to three weeks. Depending on your type of job you should be able to return to work after the first week. You should be able to do a limited amount of activity, such as lifting young children, after about two weeks.
It usually takes a few weeks for your breasts to look and feel more natural. The results of a breast augmentation usually last for a long time. The length of time a breast implant lasts will vary depending on an individual's personal factors.
Below is a guide as to the stages of recovery after breast augmentation, please note that all patients heal differently:
Day 1 - 4
- Sleep upright in bed supported by pillows to help reduce swelling
- Wear your support bra as advertised by your consultant
- Take things easy when you get home.
5 - 14 days
- Gradually increase your activity but nothing too strenuous
- Any non dissolvable stitches will be removed during this time
- Driving may be commenced only when comfortable.
- Bruising and swelling continue to go down
- You can think about returning to work a week or two after surgery.
- Exercise can resume after 4 weeks but restrain from strenuous exercise for a further two weeks
- Your implants will continue to descend into a more natural looking position.
6 - 9 months
- Scars will begin to soften and fade
- Final result can be judged.
What are the complications with breast enlargement surgery?
Every surgical procedure has a risk of complications. Be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about these risks with your surgeon.
Specific complications of breast augmentation surgery can include:
- Capsular contraction - the breast may feel harder than normal and painful
- Developing a collection of blood or fluid in the pocket where the implant is placed
- Infection of the implant
- Change of breast and nipple sensation
- Thickening and tightening of the capsule
- Kinking and rippling
- Stiff shoulder
- Numbness or persistent pain on the outer part of your breast
- Rupture or deflation of the implant
- Cosmetic problems.
New measures rolled out to protect patients in the wake of the Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) scandal are a step in the right direction for the medical profession, but patients still need to look out for themselves. Dr Davina Deniszczyc explains.