Breast enlargement surgery in Bournemouth
At Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons specialise in breast enlargement surgery, regularly achieving excellent aesthetic outcomes. Read more…
Paying for yourself
|Consultant fees||Hospital fees|
|Initial consultation||£100||No charge|
|Subtotals||£100 guide price||£4105 guaranteed price|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our Cosmetic experts in Bournemouth
Email us or request a call back
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
67 Lansdowne Road, Bournemouth, BH1 1RW
Why choose Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital for your breast enlargement surgery?
At Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital our experienced cosmetic surgeons are experts in breast enlargement surgery. With a treatment plan completely tailored to you, our consultants will be there to provide the individual care you need and deserve. All of our cosmetic breast surgeons at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital have an exceptional track record for achieving their patients desired results.
We know that making such a personal and potentially life-enhancing decision isn’t easy, undertaking cosmetic surgery is a big step and we insist all patients engage fully with a consultant, ensuring they are well informed before making a decision.
Alternatively, if you are unsure about the cosmetic benefits of breast augmentation, you are welcome to come to one of our free cosmetic open events to find out if breast enlargement surgery is right for you.
Why have breast enlargement surgery?
People choose this operation for different reasons:
- To enhance the body contour
- To reconstruct the breast after previous breast surgery
- To improve breast size or shape after having children
- To balance a difference in breast size.
What are the benefits?
Perhaps you have always wanted larger breasts. Or you may want to enhance the shape of your breasts following pregnancy or weight loss. Breast augmentation patients often report psychological benefits following the procedure including:
- Increased self esteem (self confidence)
- Enjoy wearing new/fitted clothing
- Feeling more feminine
- Body balance, feeling breast are more in proportion with your body.
What kind of breast implant should I choose?
- Based on your own needs your consultant may also discuss and advise you on what implant might be best to use
- All implants are made of an outer layer (shell) of silicone. They can be filled with silicone, salt water (saline) or both.The silicone used to fill the implant can be in the form of a liquid or gel (cohesive silicone). Liquid silicone and saline implants give a softer and more natural feel. Cohesive silicone implants give a firmer feel and can come in more shapes
- Textured liquid implants with a simple round shape often give as good results as shaped cohesive-gel implants
- The Medicines and Healthcare products regulatory Agency (MHRA) is responsible for ensuring the safety of implantable medical devices, including breast implants.
Is silicone safe?
Many studies have been carried out to find if silicone breast implants are safe. There is no evidence to suggest that women who have silicone breast implants are at a higher risk of getting diseases such as cancer and arthritis.
What happens during breast enlargement surgery at Bournemouth Hospital?
Your operation is performed under a general anaesthetic (you will be asleep) and usually takes approximately an hour and a half. There are several options for surgical incisions:
- Inframammary (the crease under the breast)
- Transaxillary (the armpit)
- Periareolar (the area around the nipple).
The type of incision (cut) used is based on the type of implant, the degree of augmentation (enlargement), your particular anatomy and patient/surgeon preference. Be sure and discuss incision options with your surgeon.
Your surgeon will usually place the implant in a pocket directly behind your breast as this gives the most natural result. However, if you do not have enough breast skin and tissue to cover the implant, your surgeon may recommend placing the implant behind the pectoral muscle. Be sure to discuss the implications of placement of your implant with your surgeon.
Going home after your breast enlargement surgery in Bournemouth
- You should be able to go home the same day or the day after your surgery
- You might be required to wear a special supportive bra for several weeks to help your breasts settle after the procedure
- Everyone recovers at their own pace. However most women return to normal activities within two to three weeks. Depending on your type of job you should be able to return to work after the first week
- You should be able to do a limited amount of activity, such as lifting young children, after about two weeks
- It usually takes a few weeks for your breasts to look and feel more natural
- The results of a breast augmentation usually last for a long time
- The length of time a breast implant lasts will vary depending on an individual's personal factors.
Here is a guide to the stages of recovery from breast augmentation, please note that all patients heal differently.
Day 1 - 4
- Sleep upright in bed supported by pillows to help reduce swelling
- Wear your support bra as advertised by your consultant
- Take things easy when you get home.
5 - 14 days
- Gradually increase your activity but nothing to strenuous
- Any non dissolvable stitches will be removed during this time
- Driving may be commenced only when comfortable.
- Bruising and swelling continue to go down
- You can think about returning to work a week or two after surgery.
- Exercise can resume after 4 weeks but restrain from strenuous exercise for a further two weeks
- Your implants will continue to descend into a more natural looking position.
6 - 9 months
- Scars will begin to soften and fade
- Final result can be judged.
What are the complications with breast enlargement surgery?
Every surgical procedure has a risk of complications. Be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about these risks with your surgeon.
SPECIFIC COMPLICATIONS OF BREAST ENLARGEMENT CAN INCLUDE:
- Capsular contraction - the breast may feel harder than normal and painful
- Developing a collection of blood or fluid in the pocket where the implant is placed
- Infection of the implant
- Change of breast and nipple sensation
- Thickening and tightening of the capsule
- Kinking and rippling
- Stiff shoulder
- Numbness or persistent pain on the outer part of your breast
- Rupture or deflation of the implant
- Cosmetic problems.
New measures rolled out to protect patients in the wake of the Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) scandal are a step in the right direction for the medical profession, but patients still need to look out for themselves. Dr Davina Deniszczyc explains.