Kettlebells at Wandsworth Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
A Kettlebell is a cast iron weight, ranging from 5 lbs to over 100 lbs, shaped like a cannonball with a handle.
Build Strength, Boost Stamina and Blast Fat
Kettlebells offer a different kind of training using dynamic movements which target almost every aspect of fitness, endurance, strength, balance, agility and cardio endurance.
The beauty of the Kettlebell is it works many different muscle groups within a single workout. You take the workout at your own pace and (weight level) so it is perfect for any age and ability.
Kettlebell training requires you to hold the weight in one or both hands and go through a variety of swings, presses or pulling motions.
Some movements have you changing the Kettlebell between hands - as the weight swings or as you move laterally, you are required to stabilize your body.
Other moves require power from your legs and hips to move the weight, providing whole body movements (that are often missing with other types of training sessions).
Kettlebell training results:
- Improves your co-ordination and agility
- Improves your posture and alignment
- You train multiple muscle groups in the same session. Expect your Kettlebell worked to incorporate cardio, strength, balance, stability, power and endurance
- Kettlebell exercises are weight bearing, which will help you increase bone density and keep you strong
- Increases your power and endurance, which can benefit a wide variety of sports
- It can help prevent injuries. Many injuries happen when you're moving fast and have to come to a sudden stop. Kettlebell exercises actually train the body in eccentric deceleration, which can result in a healthier, stronger body on the sports field.
- Low risk of injury when you use good form and the right weights
- Simplicity. Kettlebell exercises are simple, the workouts are easy to follow and you only need one piece of equipment.
If you're interested in getting started with Kettlebell training, it's best to take a class or ask for guidance from one of our Fitness & Wellbeing instructors/personal trainers to get a detailed breakdown of suitable exercises for you.