Swimming Lessons at Tunbridge Wells Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
At our Nuffield Health gym in Tunbridge Wells we can offer you both children's group swimming lessons with our swim programme or private 1-2-1 lessons.
The benefits of swimming
Swimming is an enjoyable and extremely productive way in which to exercise, working all the major muscle groups to tone your body. Not only is it refreshing, but because of its' resistant qualities, water is an excellent environment for a great fat-burning workout.
Swimming is also a low-impact exercise, so there is far less stress on your joints and therefore less risk of sustaining injury. No matter what your age, weight or physical ability, swimming and water-based activities can make up part of an effective exercise regime.
Because water is approximately 800 times denser than air, you work harder, and therefore burn more calories. Water can support up to 90% of your body weight, meaning that those with disabilities, injuries or illnesses, such as arthritis, can train in a comfortable and safe environment.
We love helping new swimmers, young or old, to discover the benefits of swimming with personal lessons or group classes. We can also help experienced swimmers improve their skills and up their game.
Swimming lessons at our Tunbridge Wells gym
- We follow the ASA "Swim England Learn to Swim" Programme
- All of our dedicated instructors are highly qualified with the Swim England swimming governing body and are trained to an exceptional standard
- We have small group sizes and only allow 6 children per instructor in our lower stage classes
- We offer lessons from 6 weeks old all the way through to adults, catering for all abilities
- We have junior squads as part of our swim programme for the more advanced swimmers
- Our lessons follow the school term times and we offer additional specific holiday crash courses
- Swimfit is also part of our class timetable
The great thing about Swimfit is you can tailor your session to suit your individual needs. There are 30 session cards, ranging from 10 to 120 lengths, displayed pool side so there is an appropriate card to match your ability and fitness level.
You have two options you can follow these session cards independently and progress at your own pace (Swimfit Activate) or you can take part in an instructor led session (Swimfit Activate+).
Have a question for our swim team in Tunbridge Wells?
You can submit them to Emma and her team today, just fill in the below webform and we will respond as quickly as possible to your valued enquiry. Alternatively, please call our reception on 01892774000.
Contact our Swim School in Tunbridge Wells
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Swimming events aren't just for elite athletes. With this advice from Personal Trainer Lloyd Anthony you will be prepared to take on a swimming challenge of up to 1 mile.