Professor Bijendra Patel is an internationally recognised and highly respected surgeon trusted as the safest pair of hands with respect to complicated and risky General and upper gastro- intestinal and cancer surgery in the UK.
Professor Patel is a globally renowned surgeon in laparoscopic surgery and Upper GI surgery, who is at the cutting edge of adopting disruptive technology to enhance surgical practise as well as radically changing delivery of medical education globally through his pioneering work at the Queen Mary University of London.
His trailblazing expertise in this field of training remotely has been of tremendous values globally during this pandemic as he is the only surgeon offering technical skills training & assessment on-line.
- Cancer and complex surgery of Oesophagus and Stomach
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic Giant Hiatus Hernia Repair
- Giant Abdominal Incisional Hernia and Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic anti reflux surgery
English, Punjabi, Urdu, Gujarati
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Bijendra Patel at Nuffield Health
- Soft tissue lump service
- Open surgery groin hernia repair
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Stoma surgery
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
- Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery
- Reflux surgery
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Epididymal surgery
- Abdominal adhesion surgery
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Hernia unilateral
- Bile duct resection
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
His main research interests include surgical simulation as a tool for acquisition and retention of surgical skills and developing technology enhanced learning curriculum for surgical training.
Other posts held
- Professor of Surgery at Barts Health NHS Trust
Insurers Professor Bijendra Patel works with
Professor Bijendra Patel works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Westfield Health WPA
Professor Bijendra Patel does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Bijendra Patel does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Bijendra Patel does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.