Ms Yvonne McKenzie
Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics, King’s College London, MSc in Nutrition, BSc
GMC number: HCPC Registered: DT07090
Practicing since: 1998
- Thursdays or Saturdays AM - The Manor Hospital, Oxford
- Wednesdays or Fridays AM - Warwick
- Virtual appointments available.
Or call us on
Yvonne works with Gastroenterologists, Surgeons and GPs in Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Warwickshire. She has been helping private patients aged 16+ years since January 2007. Her diet and nutritional expertise is in IBS, diarrhoea and constipation, and other disorders and diseases involving the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder and liver.
She worked in the NHS between 1998 – 2008, mostly in Oxfordshire (JR, The Churchill and the Horton General Hospital) providing inpatient and outpatient dietetic care.
As a diet expert, she contributed to: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Quality Standards (Feb. 2016) and updated guidance for the diagnosis and management of IBS (CG61, Feb. 2015).
Treatments offered by Yvonne McKenzieYvonne provides specialist dietetic care and treatment to adults with gastrointestinal disorders or diseases, primarily:
- IBS and functional gastrointestinal disorders: first-line dietary intervention, second-line: low FODMAP diet
- Coeliac disease and non-coeliac disease gluten sensitivity: gluten free diet
- Food intolerances (e.g. lactose, fructose, histamines)
- Constipation, prevention of colorectal cancer: lifestyle/dietary fibre modification
- Reflux: lifestyle/dietary intervention
- Fatty liver disease: lifestyle/dietary intervention
- Dietary assessment and intervention: other gastrointestinal diseases/disorders (e.g. pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy), low calcium or iron intake, under nutrition, healthy eating/lifestyle
Bile acid diarrhoea
Treatments and tests offered by Ms Yvonne McKenzie at Nuffield Health
Locations Ms Yvonne McKenzie works with
Beech Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7RP
The Chase, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 6RW
Co-investigator: MODULATE trial - Management of diarrhoes in patients with stable ulcerative colitis: multi-arm multi-stage trial of low FODMAP diet, amitriptyline, ondansetron or loperamide
PhD in Nutrition candidate at The University of Manchester, research project: diet therapy for the treatment of bile acid diarrhoea.
- McKenzie Y.A., Bowyer R.K., Leach H., Gulia P., Horobin J., O'Sullivan N.A., Pettitt C., Reeves L.B., Seamark L., Williams M., Thompson J. & Lomer M.C.E. (2016) British Dietetic Association systematic review and evidence-based practice guidelines for the dietary management of irritable bowel syndrome in adults (2016 update). J Hum Nutr Diet. doi:10.1111/jhn.12385
- McKenzie Y.A., Thompson J., Gulia P. & Lomer M.C.E. (2016) British Dietetic Association systematic review of systematic reviews and evidence-based practice guidelines for the use of probiotics in the management of irritable bowel syndrome in adults (2016 update). J Hum Nutr Diet. doi: 10.1111/jhn.12386
- British Dietetic Association Manual of Dietetic Practice, 5th edition (2014 Wiley Blackwell): chapter on irritable bowel syndrome, p460-466 - Dietetic and Nutrition Case Studies (2016, Wiley Blackwell): chapter on irritable bowel syndrome, p62-65
- McKenzie Y.A., Alder A., Anderson W., Wills A., Goddard L., Gulia P., Jankovich E., Mutch P., Reeves L.B., Singer A. & Lomer M.C.E. on behalf of Gastroenterology Specialist Group of the British Dietetic Association (2012) British Dietetic Association evidence-based practice guidelines for the dietary management of irritable bowel syndrome in adults. J. Hum. Nutr. Diet. 25, 260–274.
- Rej, A., Avery, A., Ford, A.C. et al. (2018) Clinical application of dietary therapies in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, 27 (3). pp. 307-316.
- Health and Care Professions Council
- British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Gastroenterology Specialist Group of the BDA
- Sports Nutrition Specialist Group of the BDA
- British Society of Gastroenterology
Other posts held
- Co-investigator: MODULATE trial - Management of diarrhoea in patients with stable ulcerative colitis: multi-arm multi-stage trial of low FODMAP diet, amitriptyline, ondansetron, or loperamide
- MPhil in Nutrition candidate, project in bile acid diarrhoea at The University of Manchester
- Clinical Lead in IBS for the Gastroenterology Specialist Group of the British Dietetic Association
Insurers Ms Yvonne McKenzie works with
Ms Yvonne McKenzie works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- The Exeter Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Ms Yvonne McKenzie does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Yvonne McKenzie does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Yvonne McKenzie does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.