Mr Yesar El-Dhuwaib completed his MSc in Surgical Practice at the University of Kent. He is the surgical lead for Perioperative quality improvement programme and the surgical lead for Medical Students at ESHT.
Mr El-Dhuwaib trained in Manchester, Bristol, York, Leeds, and completed his fellowship in bowel dysfunction and inflammatory bowel disease at The Royal London Hospital. He has outstanding surgical skills including laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. He can operate and suture right and left-handed. He introduced advanced laparoscopic emergency surgery for bowel pathology and established advanced TransAnal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS) for early rectal cancer at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (ESHT).
He offers all types of keyhole surgery for hernia, gallbladder, diverticular disease and IBD. He also offers all types of surgery for haemorrhoids, fissure, fistula and pilonidal sinus. He is accredited for colonoscopy.
He has published over twenty articles in
peer-reviewed journals and over forty presentations at national and
international meetings. He was awarded a number of prizes including Brendan
Devlin Prize from The British Hernia Society and was nominated twice for the
prestigious Karl Storz Award from the European Association for Endoscopic
Surgery EAES in 2009 and 2013.
- Hernia and gallbladder surgery (open and keyhole)
- Advanced minimal invasive surgery (keyhole) for bowel cancer, diverticular disease, colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Constipation, faecal incontinence and prolapse surgery
- All types of anal pathology such as haemorrhoids, fissure and fistula surgery
Arabic and English
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Yesar El- Dhuwaib at Nuffield Health
- Open surgery groin hernia repair
- Local anaesthetic
- Stoma surgery
- Restorative proctocolectomy
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Abdominal adhesion surgery
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Transanal haemorrhoid dearterialisation (THD)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Pelvic surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Rectal prolapse repair
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Anterior resection
1. Venous thromboembolism following colorectal resection
El-Dhuwaib Y, Selvasekar C, Corless DJ, Deakin M, and Slavin JP
Colorectal Dis. 2016 Sep 22. doi: 10.1111/codi.13529.
2. Bile duct reconstruction following laparoscopic cholecystectomy in England
El-Dhuwaib Y, Slavin J, Corless DJ, Begaj I, Durkin D, and Deakin M
Surg Endosc. 2016 Aug;30(8):3516-25. Epub 2016 Jan 29
3. Ischaemic colitis & bleeding per rectum -a surgical emergency
El-Dhuwaib Y, Prasad SS, Das A, and Khetan N
Foundation Year Journal, Volume 9, issue 7, July 2015
4. Laparoscopic versus open repair of inguinal hernia: a longitudinal cohort study.
El-Dhuwaib Y, Corless D, Emmett C, Deakin M, Slavin J.
Surg Endosc. 2013 Mar;27(3):936-45
5. The incidence of post operative venous thromboembolism in patients undergoing varicose vein surgery recorded in Hospital Episode Statistics.
Sutton PA, El-Duhwaib Y, Dyer J, Guy AJ.
Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2012 Oct;94(7):481-3
6. Definitive management of gall stone pancreatitis in England.
El-Dhuwaib Y, Deakin M, David G, Durkin D, Corless DJ, and Slavin JP.
7. Histological grading of tumour regression and radiation colitis in locally advanced rectal cancer following neo-adjuvant therapy; a critical appraisal.
Salmo E, El-Dhuwaib Y, Haboubi NY.
Colorectal Dis. 2011 Oct;13(10):1100-6
8. An "all 5-mm ports" selective approach to laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and anti-reflux surgery.
El-Dhuwaib Y, Hamade AM, Issa ME, Balbisi BM, Abid G, Ammori BJ
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2004 Jun;14(3):141-4.
9. Transjugular intrahepatic porto-systemic shunt and variceal embolisation in the management of bleeding stomal varices.
Alkari B, Shaath N, El-Dhuwaib Y, Aboutwerat A, Warnes T, Chalmers N, Ammori BJ
Int J Colorectal Dis. 2005 Sep;20(5):457-62. Epub 2005 Jan 14.
10. Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy for neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas
Ammori BJ, El-Dhuwaib Y, Ballester P, Augustine T
Hepatogastroenterology 2005 Mar-Apr;52(62):620-4
11. Laparoscopic Management Of Acquired Benign Duodenal Strictures In Adults
Al-Rashedy M, El-Dhuwaib Y, Issa ME, Ballester P, Ammori BJ.
The Internet Journal of Surgery. 2005. Volume 7 Number 1
12. Lipoblastoma in an 11-month-old infant.
El-Dhuwaib YZ, Izzidien AY
Saudi Med J. 2004 Aug;25(8):1109-10.
13. Laparoscopic reduction of an ileo-ileal intussusception and resection of inverted Meckel’s diverticulum in an adult
El-Dhuwaib Y, O’Shea S, Ammori BJ
Surg Endosc. 2003 Jul;17(7):1157
14. Staged and complete laparoscopic management of cholelithiasis in a patient with gallstone ileus and bile duct calculi
El-Dhuwaib Y, Ammori BJ
Surg Endosc. 2003 Jun;17(6):988-9
15. Perianal abscess: an unusual site for gonococcal abscess formation in the modern era
El-Dhuwaib Y, Ammori BJ
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2003 Jul;22(7):422-3
Collaborative Research Publications
CholeS Study Group
World J Surg. 2019 Aug;43(8):1928-1934. doi: 10.1007/s00268-019-04981-5.
CholeS Study Group,
Surg Endosc. 2019 Jan;33(1):122-125. doi: 10.1007/s00464-018-6377-8.
18. The development and validation of a scoring tool to predict the operative duration of elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
CholeS Study Group
Surg Endosc. 2018 Jul;32(7):3149-3157. doi: 10.1007/s00464-018-6030-6. Epub 2018 Jan 16.
19. Cost-effectiveness of emergency versus delayed laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute gallbladder pathology.
CholeS Study Group
Br J Surg. 2017 Jan;104(1):98-107. doi: 10.1002/bjs.10317. Epub 2016 Oct 20
CholeS study group
HPB (Oxford). 2016 Aug 30. pii: S1365-182X(16)31837-8
21. Population-based cohort study of outcomes following cholecystectomy for benign gallbladder diseases.
CholeS study group.
Br J Surg. 2016 Aug 26
22. Population-based cohort study of variation in the use of emergency cholecystectomy for benign gallbladder diseases
CholeS Study Group.
Br J Surg. 2016 Nov;103(12):1716-1726. doi: 10.1002/bjs.10288.
- Member of Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member of The Pelvic Floor Society
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeon of England
Other post held
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Examiner at the General Medical Council
Insurers Mr Yesar El- Dhuwaib works with
Mr Yesar El- Dhuwaib works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Yesar El- Dhuwaib does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Yesar El- Dhuwaib does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Yesar El- Dhuwaib does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.