- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01133 882 067
- Year of first qualification 1990
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 4654537
- Fax 0113 3882187
Mr Venkatesh graduated in medicine from Madras, India in 1991 and then did a masters programme in orthopaedic surgery in Calcutta. There he was awarded the Presidents Gold medal by the West Bengal Orthopaedic Association.
Mr Venkatesh them completed his higher surgical training in the UK on the Wessex rotation. During this period he trained extensively in knee replacement, lower limb arthoplasty and foot and ankle surgery. He trained as a senior registrar under Mr Neil Thomas, the then President of BASK and subsequently did a 16 month fellowship in knee surgery at Royal Bournemouth Hospital. His fellowship period involved a high volume of soft tissue knee work, total knee, uni-compartmental knee and revision knee arthroplasty.
Mr Venkatesh has special interests on meniscal repair, cartilage salvage surgery, knee ligament reconstruction, achieving high flexion in knee arthroplasty and management of knee osteoarthritis in young patients, minimal invasive surgery and accelerated rehabilitation.
Mr Venkatesh specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Alternate Monday AM
- Weekly Thursday AM
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
Mr Venkatesh enjoys walking, badminton and more recently golf. He follows international cricket and premiership football closely. He also has an avid interest in music, travel and antiques.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
Research interests / papers include:
- Long term outcomes in knee arthoroplasty
- Acheiving high flexion in knee replacements
- Graft fixation in ACL reconstruction
- Knee rehabilitation