Nigel has been recommended as one of the best face lift surgeons in the United Kingdom (Dr Mark Porter, in Sainsbury's Magazine, February 2008) and has an excellent reputation for all cosmetic surgery procedures including breast enlargement and abdominoplasty. He received his medical degree at Bristol University in 1980, and four years later passed his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons.
During his plastic surgery training, he worked in hospitals in London, Bristol, Glasgow and Canada, and completed his Master’s degree in Plastic surgery in 1993. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health in 1997. He was the President of BAAPs in 2008/10.
Nigel divides his time between BPS and his NHS practice, which specialises in paediatric plastic surgery and general plastic surgery clinics in Bath, Bristol and throughout the South West. He is the Senior Consultant Plastic Surgeon at North Bristol NHS Trust.
- Weekly Tuesday PM
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Senior Clinical Lecturer in Surgery, University of Bristol
- Intercollegiate Board Examiner for FCRS (Plast)
- President Elect, British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- American Cleft Palate Association
DeclarationMr Nigel Mercer has indicated that they work with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Nigel Mercer has indicated that they do not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nigel Mercer has indicated that they do not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nigel Mercer has indicated that they do not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.