- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement, Key Hole Surgery, Musculoskeletal, Soft Tissue Injuries
- Telephone 01242 246552
- Year of first qualification 2001
- Email Cheltenham.firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 6025665
- Website www.navrajatwal.co.uk
- Fax 01242 246501
Mr Atwal is an experienced and pioneering Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon based at Cheltenham General and Gloucester Royal Hospitals since January 2014 with a specialist interest in Knee and Hip surgery, as well as trauma.
Mr Atwal qualified in Medicine at the University of Bristol in 2001, having also been awarded a BSc in cellular and molecular pathology. He then spent six months as a Lecturer in Clinical Anatomy at the University of Oxford. He completed his basic and higher surgical training on the prestigious Bristol rotations.
Mr Atwal undertook advanced Fellowship training at the internationally renowned North Sydney Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre where he developed his expertise in lower limb surgery including the treatment of knee injuries in elite athletes and surgical repair of hamstring ruptures.
His practice comprehensively covers all aspects of knee surgery including partial and total knee replacement surgery, ‘keyhole’ surgery, ligament reconstruction, sports injuries and the treatment of patella dislocations. Mr Atwal has a particular interest in joint preservation surgery and is currently researching novel methods to achieve this. His latest research interest is a randomised control trial assessing the nSTRIDE protein injection.
- Monday Evening (Cheltenham)
- Weekly Friday AM (Cheltenham)
- Friday AM One-Stop Clinic (Cheltenham)
- By arrangement only (Bristol)
- Cheltenham General Hospital
- Gloucester Royal Hospital
- Evesham Community Hospital
Total hip replacement
- Lower limb sports injuries
- Sports medicine/weight optimisation
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
Currently involved in multi-centre randomised control trial assessing the nSTRIDE protein injection versus hyaluronic acid.
DeclarationMr Navraj Atwal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Navraj Atwal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Navraj Atwal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Navraj Atwal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.