In addition to his work as a consultant surgeon including his private practice, Mr Ghufoor currently works as the ENT Cancer Lead (Clinical Director) for University College London Hospital, Network Director for ENT services at Barts Health NHS Trust and Programme Director for Northeast Thames training.
Mr Khalid Ghufoor specialises in throat problems, sleep apnea and snoring, voice disorders and in tumors of the pharynx, larynx, thyroid and salivary glands. He is part of the multidisciplinary team at the Head and Neck Unit, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital. Conventional surgical techniques for tumors are supplemented by the endoscopic transoral laser technique, in which the carbon dioxide laser is used to extirpate cancers and a variety of other pathologies without needing to incise the neck.
Mr Khalid Ghufoor has set up the transoral robotic surgery (TORS) at the Royal London Hospital, the cutting edge technology being used allows for advanced tumor resections from the throat.
Urdu, Punjabi, English
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Khalid Ghufoor at Nuffield Health
- Thyroid surgery (thyroidectomy)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Maxillofacial / oral surgery
Mr Ghufoor has research interests in transoral cancer surgery, laryngotracheal stenosis and robotic surgery for tumours and airway obstruction retrosternal thyroid disease.
- Minimal access head and neck oncologic resections, Transoral laser and Transoral robotic surgery
- Airway obstruction including obstructive sleep apnoea refractory to CPAP
- Management of dysphagia and swallowing disorders.
- The management of complex voice and airway obstructive disorders
He has published 60 original peer reviewed research articles and 12 book chapters. He lectures nationally and internationally and is a director of the North East London Training programme in ENT.
- ENT UK
Other posts held
- Consultant EN Head and Neck surgeon at Barts Health NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Khalid Ghufoor works with
Mr Khalid Ghufoor works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- AXA - Global Healthcare