Mr Deniz received excellent neurosurgical training prior to his appointment as Consultant Neurosurgeon in November 2012. His neurosurgical training took place on the North Thames Higher Surgical Training Rotation where he completed posts at Charing Cross Hospital, Bart’s and The Royal London Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital and The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in Queen Square.
He then relocated to Neurosurgical Unit at The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford to gain Fellowship experience in lateral skull base surgery, in particular surgery for vestibular schwannoma, and endoscopic pituitary surgery.
Finally he returned to London in January 2012 when he commenced a Neurovascular Fellowship at King’s College Hospital in London gaining invaluable and unique training in the decision-making and operative management of brain and spinal vascular malformations, including the clipping of aneurysms and excision of AVMs.
He was appointed Consultant at Leeds Teaching Hospitals with specific subspecialty interests in Neurovascular and skull base surgery. He is fully trained and competent to perform the full range of cranial and spinal surgeries.
Mr Deniz regularly performs lumbar discectomy and spinal decompression surgery at Nuffield Health York Hospital and brain surgery at The Centre for Spinal and Neurosurgery at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Mr Kenan Deniz in the news:
Mr Kenan Deniz, video case study:
- Neurovascular surgery - cranial and spinal
- Cerebral aneurysms, AVM, cavernoma, dural AV fistulae
- Skull base surgery - acoustic neuroma/vestibular schwannoma, all skull base pathologies
- Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm
- Spending time with my wife and three young children
- Long country walks
- Music - classical guitar
- Food and fine wine
English, some Turkish
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Kenan Deniz at Nuffield Health
- Brain surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Nerve surgery
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Current research interest in development of novel and minimal access neurosurgical techniques.
- Clinical Education - participating in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, development of novel teaching techniques and curriculum design
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Medical Defense Union
- British Neurovascular Group
Other post held
- Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds