- Specialities Spinal and Neck Surgery, Neurosurgery
- Telephone 01904 715 235 / 0113 350 7527
- Year of first qualification 2000
- Email Debra.email@example.com, Ybspineltd@gmail.com firstname.lastname@example.org (Nuffield Leeds)
English, some Turkish
- GMC Number 4765129
- Fax 0113 301 0245 (Leeds)
Mr Deniz received excellent neurosurgical training prior to his appointment as Consultant Neurosurgeon in November 2012. His neurosurgical training took place on the North Thames Higher Surgical Training Rotation where he completed posts at Charing Cross Hospital, Bart’s and The Royal London Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital and The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in Queen Square.
He then relocated to Neurosurgical Unit at The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford to gain Fellowship experience in lateral skull base surgery, in particular surgery for vestibular schwannoma, and endoscopic pituitary surgery.
Finally he returned to London in January 2012 when he commenced a Neurovascular Fellowship at King’s College Hospital in London gaining invaluable and unique training in the decision-making and operative management of brain and spinal vascular malformations, including the clipping of aneurysms and excision of AVMs.
He was appointed Consultant at Leeds Teaching Hospitals with specific subspecialty interests in Neurovascular and skull base surgery. He is fully trained and competent to perform the full range of cranial and spinal surgeries.
Mr Deniz regularly performs lumbar discectomy and spinal decompression surgery at Nuffield Health York Hospital and brain surgery at The Centre for Spinal and Neurosurgery at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
- Weekly Wednesday evening (Leeds)
- Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
- Neurovascular surgery - cranial and spinal
- Cerebral aneurysms, AVM, cavernoma, dural AV fistulae
- Skull base surgery - acoustic neuroma/vestibular schwannoma, all skull base pathologies
- Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm
- Spending time with my wife and three young children
- Long country walks
- Music - classical guitar
- Food and fine wine
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Medical Defense Union
- British Neurovascular Group
- Current research interest in development of novel and minimal access neurosurgical techniques.
- Clinical Education - participating in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, development of novel teaching techniques and curriculum design