Mr Critchley is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at the Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre, the regional Neurosurgical Centre for Sussex. He qualified from Cambridge University and St Thomas Hospital, London with subsequent training in Manchester and at Atkinson Morley's Hospital, Wimbledon.
His interests include cervical and lumbar disc surgery, degenerative spondylosis, minimally invasive surgery such as interspinous process distractors, thoracic surgery and cervical and lumbar fusion for degenerative and inflammatory conditions. Neuronavigation and image guided surgery are used when necessary. He is the lead for the Neuro-Oncology Multidisciplinary Meetings at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital Trust.
Mr Critchley specialises in the following treatments in Brighton:
Mr Critchley also specialises in the following treatments in Haywards Heath:
Disc prolapse - cervical and lumbar, spinal stenosis and cerebral and spinal tumours
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Giles Critchley at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy surgery
- Spinal decompression
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion surgery (ACDF)
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Spinal Decompression Surgery
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Cervical disc replacement surgery
- Laminectomy surgery
- Nerve surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Spinal fusion
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve conduction study
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Removal of spinal hardware
Outcome from spinal surgery, development and management of brain tumours and cerebral ischaemia.
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- Royal Society of Medicine
Other post held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at the Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre Haywards Heath and Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Giles Critchley works with
Mr Giles Critchley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Giles Critchley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Giles Critchley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Giles Critchley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.