- Specialities Neurosurgery
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton) / 01444 476 732 (Haywards Heath) / 01444 258 232 (Medical Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 1989
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org / HaywardsHeath.email@example.com / Michele@somervillemedical.co.uk (Medical Secretary)
- GMC Number 3333673
- Fax 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath)
Mr Critchley is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at the Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre, the regional Neurosurgical Centre for Sussex. He qualified from Cambridge University and St Thomas Hospital, London with subsequent training in Manchester and at Atkinson Morley's Hospital, Wimbledon.
His interests include cervical and lumbar disc surgery, degenerative spondylosis, minimally invasive surgery such as interspinous process distractors, thoracic surgery and cervical and lumbar fusion for degenerative and inflammatory conditions. Neuronavigation and image guided surgery are used when necessary. He is the lead for the Neuro-Oncology Multidisciplinary Meetings at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital Trust.
Mr Critchley specialises in the following treatments in Brighton:
Mr Critchley also specialises in the following treatments in Haywards Heath:
- Alternate Wednesdays 14:30 to 18:00 (Brighton)
- Tuesday 08:40 to 13:00 (Haywards Heath)
- Friday adhoc (Haywards Heath)
- Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at the Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre Haywards Heath and Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Disc prolapse - cervical and lumbar, spinal stenosis and cerebral and spinal tumours
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- Royal Society of Medicine
Outcome from spinal surgery, development and management of brain tumours and cerebral ischaemia.
DeclarationMr Giles Critchley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Giles Critchley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Giles Critchley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Giles Critchley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.