Mr Kovoor has been a consultant at Maidstone and Tunbridge wells NHS trust since 2010. He is also the lead for Colposcopy and rapid access services in the trust.
His area of expertise is in Pelvic pain, Endometriosis, Ovarian cysts, Abnormal bleeding, Fibroids, Adenomyosis, Prolapse and smear abnormalities. He runs a monthly endometriosis clinic at Maidstone hospital.
Mr Kovoor has had advanced Laparoscopic training from UK, France and Japan in the field of endometriosis, prolapse and oncology. Majority of his surgeries are performed laparoscopically and includes procedures like hysterectomies, myomectomies, cystectomies and excision of endometriosis.
Pelvic pain, Endometriosis, Ovarian cysts, Abnormal bleeding, Fibroids, Adenomyosis, Prolapse, smear abnormalities.
English, Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor at Nuffield Health
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Hormonal coil
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
- Assessment and management of pelvic organ prolapse Elias Kovoor, Paul Hooper, Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine - September 2008 (Vol. 18, Issue 9, Pages 241-246)
- Perineal Tear involving Perineal body and rectovaginal septum during spontaneous vaginal delivery, Int J Gynaecol and Obstet. 2008 - Nov;103(2):174-5 , Kovoor E , ten Hof J
- A technique to bury knots while closing the rectus sheath. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery, 2004, 20 (4): 119-126 - Paily V P, Kovoor E T
- Severe Transient Leukopenia following Hysterosalpingography. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2009 Dec 21;69(3):190-192 - Ekovoor, G Morgan
- A case of hematometra following laparoscopic resection of retrocervical and rectovaginal, endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2010 Jan 12 - Kovoor E, Nassif J, Miranda-Mendoza I, Baulon E, Wattiez A
- Endometriosis of bladder- Outcomes following laparoscopic surgery. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010 Sep-Oct;17(5):600-4 - Kovoor E, Nassif J, Miranda-Mendoza I, Wattiea A
- Mucose infiltration in deep infiltrative bladder, ureteric, and bowel endometriosis, Gynecological Surgery, October 2010, vol./is. 7/(S66), 1613-2076 (October 2010) Miranda-Mendoza I., Kovoor E., Nassif J., Wattiez A.
- Long-term urinary retention after laparoscopic surgery for deep endometriosis, Fertil Steril. 2010 Aug 24 - Kovoor E, Nassif J, Miranda
- Laparoscopic surgery for severe ureteric endometriosis. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012 Jul 22 - Miranda-Mendoza I, Kovoor E, Nassif J, Ferreira H, Wattiez A
- British society of colposcopists and cervical pathologists
- British, European and American society of gynaecological endoscopists
- British society of urogynaecologists
Other post held
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS trust
Insurers Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor works with
Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.