Elias Kovoor is a Consultant Gynaecologist and Laparoscopic surgeon in the United Kingdom. Mr Kovoor had obtained advanced Laparoscopic training from the United Kingdom, France and Japan in the field of Endometriosis, prolapse and oncology.
Prior to starting his registrar training in the UK, he did undergraduate and postgraduate training in India. He successfully completed registrar training from Nottingham, which includes advanced training in laparoscopy and Urogynaecology. He has done fellowship in advanced laparoscopic training from IRCAD, Strasbourg, which is a globally acknowledged institute for advanced endometriosis surgery.
He started his consultant career in Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS trust in 2010. He was one of the endometriosis specialists for this centre. He was also the lead for Colposcopy and rapid access services for this hospital.
He moved to Dartford and Gravesham NHS trust in 2018, where he established a new endometriosis service for Kent and the surrounding area. He does regular endometriosis clinics at Queen Mary Hospital, Sidcup and Darent Valley hospital at Dartford. This is a BSGE accredited tertiary centre that caters to complex endometriosis treatment.
Besides Endometriosis and pelvic pain, his expertise also extends to general gynaecology and benign disorders such as fibroids, abnormal bleeding, prolapse, and ovarian cysts.
He is a faculty member for many laparoscopic and V NOTE courses both within the United Kingdom and worldwide.
Pelvic pain, Endometriosis, Fibroids, ovarian cysts, Abnormal bleeding, Prolapse
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor at Nuffield Health
- Adnexal surgery
- Hormonal coil
- Vulval lesion excision
- Gynaecological biopsies
- Smear test (cervical screening)
- Excision vaginal lumps
- Endometrial resection
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Pelvic floor repair
- Female sterilisation
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
- Endometrial ablation
- Ovarian cystectomy
- Assessment and management of pelvic organ prolapse Elias Kovoor, Paul Hooper, Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine - September 2008 (Vol. 18, Issue 9, Pages 241-246)
- Perineal Tear involving Perineal body and rectovaginal septum during spontaneous vaginal delivery, Int J Gynaecol and Obstet. 2008 - Nov;103(2):174-5 , Kovoor E , ten Hof J
- A technique to bury knots while closing the rectus sheath. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery, 2004, 20 (4): 119-126 - Paily V P, Kovoor E T
- Severe Transient Leukopenia following Hysterosalpingography. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2009 Dec 21;69(3):190-192 - Ekovoor, G Morgan
- A case of hematometra following laparoscopic resection of retrocervical and rectovaginal, endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2010 Jan 12 - Kovoor E, Nassif J, Miranda-Mendoza I, Baulon E, Wattiez A
- Endometriosis of bladder- Outcomes following laparoscopic surgery. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010 Sep-Oct;17(5):600-4 - Kovoor E, Nassif J, Miranda-Mendoza I, Wattiea A
- Mucose infiltration in deep infiltrative bladder, ureteric, and bowel endometriosis, Gynecological Surgery, October 2010, vol./is. 7/(S66), 1613-2076 (October 2010) Miranda-Mendoza I., Kovoor E., Nassif J., Wattiez A.
- Long-term urinary retention after laparoscopic surgery for deep endometriosis, Fertil Steril. 2010 Aug 24 - Kovoor E, Nassif J, Miranda
- Laparoscopic surgery for severe ureteric endometriosis. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012 Jul 22 - Miranda-Mendoza I, Kovoor E, Nassif J, Ferreira H, Wattiez A
- J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2018 Feb;25(2):341-342. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2017.11.013. Epub 2017 Nov 24 - Pundir J, Kovoor E, Lancaster G, Smith PB
Laparoscopic Excision Versus Ablation for Endometriosis-associated Pain: An Updated Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2017 Jul - Aug;24(5):747-756. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2017.04.008. Epub 2017 Apr 26. Pundir J, Omanwa K, Kovoor E, Pundir V, Lancaster G, Barton-Smith P
Laparoscopic Management of Ureteral Endometriosis and Hydronephrosis Associated With Endometriosis. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2017 Mar - Apr;24(3):466-472. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2016.11.018. Epub 2017 Jan 13. Alves J, Puga M, Fernandes R, Pinton A, Miranda I, Kovoor E, Wattiez A
5,926 hysterectomies: complications described by Clavien-Dindo classification. Alliende RI, Carrasco ÁM, Levancini M, Kovoor E, Guzmán-Rojas RA, Miranda-Mendoza I.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2021 Oct;41(7):1102-1106. doi: 10.1080/01443615.2020.1835843. Epub 2021 Jan 12.PMID: 33432854
- Presurgical Ultrasound Marking of a Nonpalpable Abdominal Wall Endometriotic Nodule. Burgos-Siegmund N, Navarrete Rey P, Celedón D, Kovoor E, Miranda-Mendoza I.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2021 Apr;28(4):730-731. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2020.06.013. Epub 2020 Jun 17.PMID: 32562765 No abstract available.
- Incidence of occult uterine sarcoma and other unexpected pathologies in patients having surgery for presumed myomas: A retrospective observational study.Mühlenbrock MV, Navarrete-Rey P, Kovoor E, Guzman-Rojas R, Troncoso F, Miranda-Mendoza I.J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod. 2021 Sep;50(7):101992. doi: 10.1016/j.jogoh.2020.101992. Epub 2020 Nov 17.PMID: 33217603
- Hysterectomy and Adenextomy via transvaginal natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (vNOTES): A UK perspective with a case series of 33 patients.
Karkia R, Giacchino T, Taylor J, Ghaffar A, Gupta A, Kovoor E.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019 Nov;242:29-32.
- RCOG - (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists)
- BSGE - (British Society for gynaecological endoscopists)
- ESGE - (European society for Gynaecological endoscopis)
Other posts held
- Darent Valley Hospital
Insurers Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor works with
Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Elias Thomas Kovoor does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.