- Specialities Ophthalmology
- Telephone Enquiries 02380 258464
- Year of first qualification 1995
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4214245
Mr Debendra Sahu graduated from the London Hospital Medical College in 1995 and undertook further training while working in Kings College Hospital in London, Sussex Eye Hospital and Southampton Eye Unit. This included specialist medical retina training in Southampton Eye Unit.
He specialises in the treatment of retinal disease and cataract surgery and has been a full time consultant in Southampton Eye unit since January 2009.
- Wednesday morning
- Alternate Wednesday afternoons
- Alternate Saturdays
- Consultant Ophthalmologist Southampton Eye Unit, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- Cataract surgery
- Medical Retina disease – Age related Macula Degeneration, Diabetic retinopathy, Retinal vein occlusions.
- General Ophthalmology
- Intravitreal injections
- Retinal laser treatment
Debendra enjoys playing badminton, table tennis and cricket in his spare time.
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, International Member.
- UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Society of Retinal Specialists
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Mr Sahu has several publications in peer reviewed ophthalmology journals and has been invited as a guest reviewer for ophthalmic journals.
Mr Debendra Sahu does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Debendra Sahu does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Debendra Sahu does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.