Mr Busch was born in the Netherlands. In 1981 he immigrated to England and attended St George’s College in Weybridge, Surrey.
He attended Duke University in North Carolina, USA before starting medical studies at St Thomas’s Hospital, London, obtaining his medical degree in 1991.
After obtaining his fellowship at the Royal College of Surgeons of England he trained in general orthopaedics in the South West Thames Region and obtained his certificate of completion specialist training in August 2003.
He completed a hip and knee reconstruction fellowship at the London Health Sciences Hospital in London, Ontario, Canada.
Mr Busch has been a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Trust since August 2004.
- Primary and revision total hip and knee replacement
- Young adults with hip problem
Mr Busch performs between 500-600 surgeries per year of which the most common are:
- Total Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Hip Preserving Surgery
- Less Invasive Hip Surgery
- Revision Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Revision Total Knee Replacement
Mr Busch has a wife and two daughters. Outside of his medical life he enjoys competitive cycling, car rally driving, golf, skiing and diving. He rides a motorbike and generally keep in shape. His most recent hobby is para-motoring.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Constant Busch at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip replacement
- Hip arthroscopy
Mr Busch has published scientific articles in the following peer reviewed publications:
- British and American Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Journal of Clinical and Orthopaedic Related Research
- Arthroplasty Journal
- Journal of Engineering in Medicine Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Hip International
- Acta Orthopaedica Belgica
He also wrote a book chapter in The Adult Hip, 2nd Edition 2006 and provided an instructional course lecture for the 53rd manual of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
His current research interest is in enhanced recovery and minimising discomfort at the time of surgical intervention.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- British Hip Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Constant Busch works with
Mr Constant Busch works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Constant Busch does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Constant Busch does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Constant Busch does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.