Dr Treibel is an Academic Consultant Cardiologist at Barts Health and Associate Professor in cardiology at University College London. A dedicated clinician with specialist interest in Valvular Heart Disease, Heart Failure and multimodality Imaging.
His clinical expertise is supported by sub-speciality training in advanced heart failure, valvular heart disease, and multimodality imaging with Accreditation in cardiovascular magnetic resonance, transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography.
Academically, his aim is to improve outcomes for patients with valvular heart disease. He has a PhD from University College London, more than 120 peer-reviewed publications, over £4 million in grant funding, and national and international prizes. He was recently awarded a British Heart Foundation Intermediate Clinical Fellowship to study outcomes of patients with aortic valve disease.
He is a proficient teacher across a wide range of settings and to multi-professional audiences, including lectures at national and international level. He has high level organisational and management skills, exemplified by multiple leadership and management roles at trust, university and national as well as international society level.
- Heart Valve Disease
- Heart Failure
- Multi-modality imaging (Echocardiography, CMR)
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Thomas Treibel at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Zio® XT Cardiac Monitor
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Associate Professor in Cardiology at University College London
- His research group focuses on multi-modality imaging of valvular heart disease. Particular focus on the heart muscle response in heart valve disease.
- Published over 120 peer-reviewed articles including Science, Lancet, Circulation, European Heart Journal
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Heart Valve Society
- British Society of Cardiovascular MRI
- International Society of Cardiovascular MRI
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Heart Foundation Intermediate Research Fellow
Other posts held
- Associate Professor at University College London
- Consultant Cardiologist at Barts Health NHS Trust and University College Hospital NHS Trust
Dr Thomas Treibel does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Thomas Treibel does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Thomas Treibel does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.