Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital receives 'Outstanding' rating from Care Quality Commission
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is the only hospital in Yorkshire with a published outstanding CQC rating. One of only six private hospitals to achieve this rating, this sees 93% of Nuffield Health hospitals reviewed by regulators to date with a rating of good or outstanding.
The CQC ensures health and social care services in England provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care and also inspects services to make sure they meet fundamental standards below which care must never fall. CQC awards a rating based on the findings from the inspection. The four ratings are outstanding, good, requires improvement or inadequate. The inspection focuses on five key areas that are important to patients and the public, these are: safety, effectiveness, patient care, responsiveness and leadership. The published report highlighted a number of good and outstanding practices at the Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital including:
- Patient care was at the heart of the service and the inspectors saw several areas of outstanding practice. This included the emphasis on supporting people living with dementia, with excellent facilities for patients in the outpatients department and a designated room adapted for ease of use
- Children and their families reported that staff members are kind and compassionate. Feedback on all services was consistently positive, with parents particularly impressed about the quality of care given to children
- Investment in new evidence-based techniques and technologies to support the delivery of high-quality care. The hospital was the first independent hospital to use the spinal navigation system for spinal surgery
- A thorough approach to learning and development to continually improve patient satisfaction and safety. Leaders at the hospital led a highly motivated team who delivered excellent patient care underpinned with regular training and development
- Partnerships with other healthcare providers in the region to improve the overall quality of care patients receive.
Andrew Eadsforth, Hospital Director at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital comments: “This is the highest possible rating we could have achieved and I am incredibly proud of the whole team for the outstanding care we provide our patients. This is a true testament to the dedication and commitment of everyone associated with the hospital, from our nurses and physiotherapists to housekeepers and receptionists. Everyone is tremendously proud of this result”.
Nuffield Health is the UK’s largest independent not-for-profit organisation focused on health and wellbeing. Established in 2002, Yorkshire’s largest private hospital Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital offers services such as orthopaedics, cosmetic and weight loss surgery along with more complex procedures such as cardiac and neurosurgery.
Friday 23 June 2017