Chronic kidney disease monitoring
Your kidneys are a filter for your body - removing waste chemicals and excess fluid from your blood by making urine.
Chronic kidney disease occurs when this filtering function decreases or when there is evidence of kidney damage or a structural abnormality of your kidney.
Damaged kidneys may cause a leakage of protein and/or blood into your urine. Symptoms can range from mild (with minimal or no symptoms) to end-stage renaldisease requiring a kidney transplant. Left untreated, kidney disease can cause a major imbalance in critical minerals your body needs to function.
People who have certain risk factors should be tested for chronic kidney disease including:
- Patients who have diabetes (Types 1 and 2)
- Patients who have high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Patients who have coronary heart disease
- Patients who have kidney disease, kidney stones or enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy – BPH)
- Patients with diseases that involve multiple organs with potential kidney involvement, such as systemic lupus erythematosus
- People with a family history of chronic kidney disease stage 5 or hereditary kidney disease
- Those taking nephrotoxic drugs such as lithium, cyclosporin, diuretics, and long-term non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) drugs.
Your consultant will recommend this assessment based on your own medical history.
67 Lansdowne Road, Bournemouth, BH1 1RW
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
Warren Road, Brighton, BN2 6DX
3 Clifton Hill, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1BN
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
Cardiff Bay Hospital, Dunleavy Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6SY
Wrexham Road, Chester, CH4 7QP
78 Broyle Road, Chichester, PO19 6WB
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
Wonford Road, Exeter, EX2 4UG
25 Beaconsfield Road, Glasgow, G12 0PJ
Stirling Road, Guildford, GU2 7RF
Burrell Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1UD
Venns Lane, Hereford, HR1 1DF
Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP4 5SW
2 Leighton Street, Leeds, LS1 3EB
Scraptoft Lane, Leicester, LE5 1HY
Clayton Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 1JP
Clayton Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 4DB
Beech Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7RP
Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BG
Longden Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 9DP
Staplegrove Elm, Taunton, TA2 6AN
Junction Road, Norton, Stockton on Tees, TS20 1PX
Kingswood Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 4UL
The Chase, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 6RW
Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 2DW
Shores Road, Woking, GU21 4BY
Haxby Road, York, YO31 8TA
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Get in touch
Fill in an enquiry form below or call us
A member of the team will respond to you soon.