Weight management programme terms and conditions
The weight management programme is a service offered by Nuffield Health Wellbeing Limited (company number 2849324) ("Nuffield, we, us, our") which aims to provide tailored advice and assistance to allow you to successfully manage your weight (the "Service"). The Service is available to you at the wellbeing centre set out in the Personal and Agreement Details section above and you may not use our other wellbeing centres unless we otherwise agree in writing to this.
The details of the terms and conditions that apply to this Service are set out below:
1. Existing Members - If you hold an existing membership with Nuffield for use of our wellbeing centre(s) the Service is not part of your membership. In addition to these terms and conditions your membership agreement (including membership terms and conditions) will still apply, together these form the "Agreement" between us.
2. Non Members - If you do not hold an existing membership with Nuffield then you will be entitled, upon signing up for the Service, to enter and use your wellbeing centre only for the purpose of the Service and using only the facilities and areas we have designated for the Service. In addition to these terms and conditions our terms and conditions of use and wellbeing centre rules and regulations apply to your attendance at and use of this wellbeing centre (these are available at reception and are displayed in the wellbeing centre), together these form the "Agreement" between us.
3. A registration fee as set out in the Personal and Agreement Details section above is due and payable by you to us prior to or upon signing this Agreement. The Service will not be available to you until this is paid in full.
4. All our Agreements for the Service are monthly agreements but the Service has a required commitment period of 9 full calendar months because it takes this amount of time to provide the Service in full. By signing this Agreement you agree to commit to paying the programme fee to cover this 9 full calendar months commitment period using one of the payment options set out in paragraph 7 below.
5. Your Agreement starts from the date set out in the Personal and Agreement Details section above provided that we receive the programme fee, registration fee and pro-rata payment (as applicable) and your Service commitment runs from the day you sign this Agreement for a period of 9 full calendar months (the "Service Period"). On expiry of the Service Period the Service will terminate unless you notify us that you wish to retain the Service for a further 9 full calendar months in which case a new Service Period will commence and the registration and programme fees applicable at that time will be due in accordance with your selected payment option.
6. You may need to pay part of the programme fee for the month your Service starts from the day it starts. This is called a pro-rata payment and is based on the number of days left in the current calendar month. We work this out by:
a. dividing the number of days left in the calendar month by the total number of days in that calendar month; then
b. multiplying that by the monthly programme fee.
If your Agreement starts after the 15th day of the month and you select the standard monthly payment option we may need to take the next month's programme fee in advance to give us time to set up your direct debit.
7. We will charge you a programme fee for providing the Service to you each month. You can pay this using either of the following payment options:
a. Standard Monthly – you pay the amount set out in the Personal and Agreement Details section above each month by way of direct debit. If you are an existing member this will be added to your existing direct debit. If you are a non member you will be required to sign a direct debit mandate for this payment. Payments will be taken on the 1st working day of the month.
b. Discounted Prepay - you pay the amount set out in the Personal and Agreement Details section above upfront, this incorporates a discount of 10% off the standard monthly programme fee for prepaying.
The option you have selected is noted in the Personal and Agreement Details section above.
8. You will be denied access to the wellbeing centre and/or the Service if you fail to pay us any sums due under this Agreement.
9. The programme fee is payable whether or not you choose to use the Service (unless this Agreement has been frozen in accordance with paragraph 12).
10. You have a cooling off period of 10 days from the date you sign this Agreement during which time you are permitted to cancel the Agreement and receive a full refund of monies paid by providing us with a cancellation notice. If you wish to cancel and receive a refund you must do so during this cooling off period.
11. Any notice of cancellation must be in writing and received by the wellbeing centre.
12. If you become pregnant, seriously ill or suffer serious injury or redundancy you may make a request to us to freeze (suspend) your Agreement for between 1 and 12 months and we may require proof (in a form acceptable to us) from you of your pregnancy, illness, injury or redundancy. If you request is accepted by us we will freeze your Agreement from the 1st day of the next calendar month.
13. When you make a request to freeze your Agreement you must indicate when you wish the Agreement to resume within the time period set out in paragraph 12 and your Agreement will automatically restart on that date and we will restart taking direct debit payments from this date.
14. If you cancel during the Service Period we reserve the right to keep or seek payment for the remaining months of your Service Period commitment. If we are unable to gather payment you agree we may pass on your details to and seek assistance from a third party debt collection company.
15. We may cancel your Agreement or refuse to provide the Service to you if, in our reasonable view, your health would be at risk if you start or continue to take part in the Service.
16. We may end this Agreement by providing you with one calendar month's notice in writing. In these circumstances we will refund that full calendar months notice and any fees you have paid for future months.
17. We may suspend (during which time no payments will be taken) or end this Agreement if you seriously or repeatedly breach this Agreement or use inappropriate, dangerous, abusive or offensive language or behaviour at our wellbeing centres.
18. If we cannot provide the Service at your wellbeing centre for 30 days or more in a row or the Service is significantly reduced for 30 days or more in a row or reasons or events beyond our reasonable control you or we can cancel your Agreement immediately by giving notice in writing. By law we do not have to pay you compensation in these circumstances but we will try, where reasonably possible, to let you use an alternative wellbeing centre during any closure.
For your information "reasons or events beyond our reasonable control" could include for example natural disasters, government actions, war, national or regional emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riot, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not they are related to our workforce), delays effecting suppliers or not being able to obtain suitable materials on time or at all.
19. We may transfer (assign) all or part of your Agreement to another business. We can do this as long your rights under the Agreement will not be reduced.
20. Refunds will be issued in accordance with this Agreement or as we otherwise agree with you in writing.
21. You and we agree to comply with the Fair Processing Notice attached in the Appendix.
22. These terms are subject to English law and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
* Group exercise classes only available at selected centres